Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-18-2007, 01:00 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 168
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default Transfer a German TLD

Hey,

I bought pokerforfree.de for a very decent price, and now I want to get the transfer finalized.

I usually do all my domains with Dotster, but they don't give the ability to transfer .de domains.

What should I do now, register with a German host to get the domain name registered or so?

Any advice would be appreciated!

In case I should go with a German provider I'd love to hear some recommendations.

Thanks,

Giorgio
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos

Last edited by pokerforfree : 12-18-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 PM
chrisgo88 chrisgo88 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerforfree View Post
Hey,

I bought pokerforfree.de for a very decent price, and now I want to get the transfer finalized.

I usually do all my domains with Dotster, but they don't give the ability to transfer .de domains.

What should I do now, register with a German host to get the domain name registered or so?

Any advice would be appreciated!

In case I should go with a German provider I'd love to hear some recommendations.

Thanks,

Giorgio
you can sell the site to me for a lower price-so you have no more problems with it
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Catfish Catfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 97
Default

Have the seller contact the original provider for a domain transfer, or you could keep the old provider.
If you need a new provider - try Strato.de , they are very good and unexpensive (very fast dedicated server+multiple domains for 50€ a month, hosting from 8€).
And btw, if you need any help with translations into german, content etc. PM me. I am German.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-19-2007, 04:28 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 168
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

Basically I just need to park the domain, and make sure the DNS point to my server, as I already have hosting.

I tried Strato.de, but I couldn't get it done for the Netherlands where I am at. Also, I contacted their support in my best German, so I am waiting for their answer now. Will keep you updated.

Cheers,

Giorgio
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-19-2007, 10:07 PM
thecortster thecortster is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 42
Default

You do realize that it is illegal to post any gambling affiliate links on a .de domain right?
__________________
thecortster's Poker Blog
Rakeback
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 168
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

Quote:
You do realize that it is illegal to post any gambling affiliate links on a .de domain right?
I take the chance

But it seems to become quite a problem getting a .de name registered/transfered, as I am not a resident of Germany
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-21-2007, 07:47 AM
chrisgo88 chrisgo88 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20
Default

and now you know why you don`t have to pay so much for the site


its not allowed to put links for gambling, poker and sportsbetting on a .de domain-so you will get a lot of trouble by doing that

and in january there will be a new law for those things in germany-which will make much more trouble on this
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-21-2007, 08:20 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 168
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

Do you have any idea about the numbers of gambling related sites that have .de TLD's?

Look, if you're right, you're right, but still I will just take the risk. The problem to get a .de domain as a foreigner has already been solved since there are several hosts who offer the c-admin address for just $3 per year.

Anyway, can you get me some resources so I can read about it myself. Doesn't matter if that's in German, as I can understand it well enough.
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,264
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

If this is a big issue putting gambling ads on a .de url, couldn't you effectively accomplish the same thing doing a de.domain.com written in German with good SEO.

The problem with using the actual .de extension is that you risk some foreign country dictating to the ISP or host if they want the site taken down for violating their laws.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-21-2007, 11:25 AM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Entrepreneur
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 168
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

Yeah that's basically what I have done now. The current German version (under construction) can be reached as follows: pokerforfree.com/de.

The guy I bought the domain (pokerforfree.de) from has it forwarded to the one just mentioned.

Since the costs are minor I am just going to keep it forwarding to the page as it currently is. That way I'm basically avoiding problems, though I still haven't heard about a law prohibiting gambling links on .de domains as written in this thread.
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
German Content needed parker123 Web Design Service & Coding 0 10-16-2007 06:38 PM
Looking to trade 'german' links ozim Link Exchanges 4 08-08-2007 07:45 PM
German affiliates or German players? SunPoker.com SunPoker.com - FocalClick 4 07-09-2007 11:14 AM
New Neteller T&C's Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 10-02-2006 10:03 PM
Question about player signups at party overpairpoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 03-18-2005 07:39 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0