| General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here! |
 12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 97
|
|
.de domain and gambling links illegal ???
I do not know where you got that kind of info from. Never heard about anything like that. Afaik there are no plans to make that illegal, and I cant see it happening in the future.
Actually, there are TV stations, search engines, magazines having gambling affiliate links on their .de pages, not to mention all the other poker sites with .de domains. I would not worry too much about that.
If anybody has some info with substance on that matter, I'd like to know it.
|
 12-21-2007, 12:44 PM
|
|
Entrepreneur
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 168
|
|
The same person saying it's illegal made the following comment in first place.
Quote:
you can sell the site to me for a lower price-so you have no more problems with it  |
I don't think I should give this guy too much credit, as I haven't found anything about it.
Anyway, I have got the answers I was looking for. Thanks to Catfish in general.
__________________
My Personal Stuff:
Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
|
 12-21-2007, 02:49 PM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish
I do not know where you got that kind of info from. Never heard about anything like that. Afaik there are no plans to make that illegal, and I cant see it happening in the future.
Actually, there are TV stations, search engines, magazines having gambling affiliate links on their .de pages, not to mention all the other poker sites with .de domains. I would not worry too much about that.
If anybody has some info with substance on that matter, I'd like to know it.
|
i`m from germany and i think i now it better
the tv stations are showing many spots from the pokerrooms like fulltilt, pokerstars and so on but these spots are only alowed for fulltilt.net and pokerstars.net where the people are not able to play with real money.
playing poker with playmoney ist no problem in germany !
surely there are some .de sites but them off the have trouble and they all will get more trouble in the next year
i only use net or com domains
|
 12-21-2007, 03:13 PM
|
|
Junior Member
|
|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 20
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerforfree
The same person saying it's illegal made the following comment in first place.
I don't think I should give this guy too much credit, as I haven't found anything about it.
Anyway, I have got the answers I was looking for. Thanks to Catfish in general.
|
hehe
sorry, i thought you would understand that this offer for the site was only a joke from me
here is a link where you can read something about our new "glücksspielstaatsvertrag" if you understand some german
http://www.isa-casinos.de/articles/18937.html
Isa-casinos is a site that reports of onlinegamblig,casinos,poker sportsbetting and the law
i only want to help you-but surely you don`t have to believe
so just try it out if you want and i think you will learn it on the hard way
and i`m sure there will come the day when you`ll remember my words.....
regards
chris
|
 12-21-2007, 04:57 PM
|
|
Entrepreneur
|
|
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 168
|
|

The monopoly position for the German Lottery is comparable to the situation in the Netherlands, where I'm from. The German and Dutch rules are completely against the law of the European Union and the freedom for open trading and services within the EU.
The article you referred to has absolutely nothing to do with .de domains. In fact, you replied that poker rooms are making commercials with their .net domains. Again, this is just because of the monopoly position of the German Lottery.
Officially, Dutch citizens are not allowed to play online, yet the industry in the Netherlands is huge. Poker rooms that didn't allow players from the Netherlands in the past all changed their policy, they are now accepting Dutch players as well. WHY? Simple, they have the EU backing them. The only thing a government can do is something similar as the UIGEA: forbidding money transfers to online gambling companies.
Say that you're right, then in worse case I would just loose my German TLD. I'll take the risk!
For anyone that wants to read the German article, here's the translated version:
http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8
Peace and out,
Giorgio
__________________
My Personal Stuff:
Free Online Poker Money | Poker Chips | High Stakes Poker | CDPoker Bonus
Best Online Casinos Europe | NBA Live Leagues | Gran Escala Casinos
|
 12-22-2007, 05:45 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 97
|
|

I have read the article. The important part imo is that while the new legislation sets rules for gambling in general, it does not really change the situation regarding online poker. It has always been illegal to organize gambling for real money in germany (outside casinos).
As long as a person is not actively offering real money games, there is no criminal act.
Companies operating from offshore bases, like almost all poker rooms do, will not be affected. Being an affiliate, in itself, does not seem to fall under this "new" legislation, since an affiliate does not offer online gambling himself.
I am not saying having a .de domain does not include any risks, but having a .com domain registered to a german user seems to involve the same potential problems.
Imo offering "restricted freerolls" to affiliates might overstep the border where the affiliates role could be seen as the "organizer". So I would be extremely careful about that, in fact I am in the process of sealing a deal organising an offline poker league (without real-money prices) which is, of course, designed to bring in new players to an online site.
The contract for this was discussed with a lawyer who could not see any legal problems.
In the light of the arguments presented here, I will contact him again and ask him to check these latest developments for implications for the (german) affiliate business. I'll post the information when I have it.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.
|