Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 197
Default A Message to AM's

AM's,

This message is not intended for any particular AM, you know who you are.

A year from now, who will be signing your paychecks? Who will you be asking favors from? Who will you be wishing you had treated better in the past? You can't answer those questions because you don't know.

I would suggest that AM's start paying more attention to figuring out who the up and comers are, and building solid relationships with those people. Myself, and others that I know are constantly fighting to get reply's to PM's and emails. When you blow us off, you're telling us you don't care.

What happens on the day you find that the tables have turned, and now you need something from us? Need a job? Too bad. Need more exposure? Too bad. Need help with your new project? Too bad.

In this industry jobs are never secure. You may find yourself going from an AM to an A one day. Who's going to help you when you're too small to get help from the big guys, and you've pissed off everyone else?

We market your rooms with our time, energy, and money - not yours.

Return the favor and reply to our PM's and emails.

Tigers lay in the tall grass.

TheDonk

Sorry about the rant, but if you don't know where I'm coming from, it's because you're one of the big guys who's used to getting his ass kissed by AM's. The rest of us understand what I'm talking about, and it gets old fighting with AM's so you can send them players.
__________________
Complete Chan Poker Review and Bonus Information
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2007, 01:48 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 826
Default

lol ...i feel you....your obviously talking about that slouch Brandon....lol totally just kidding....Brandon is the best!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2007, 02:01 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 197
Default

Maybe I should've taken my signature off so he doesn't get the wrong impression. For the record, I market over 20 rooms.
__________________
Complete Chan Poker Review and Bonus Information
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2007, 04:31 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,157
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

....................
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 11-30-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2007, 06:18 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 197
Default

Jeremy, you got the wrong guy. You don't have to like this post, but I'm not Bill, and I never threatened anyone or said I'd take over the industry or whatever. That wasn't me. I remember what you're talking about, but I've never said anything like any of that. Please go back and see, then let people on this forum realize that you have the wrong guy.

As far as my post is concerned, I stated on the top line of the message that this wasn't targeted at any particular AM, and they know who they are because they do know who they are. People know if they are blowing people off, and they know if they don't. The ones who do respond to PM's and emails don't need to consider themselves as those I was speaking of. I apologize if that wasn't clear.

I didn't mean to flame all AM's -not at all. But, I am tired of those who tell us how much they're going to help, how much they're going to provide, then do nothing after you've signed up with them.

I don't apologize for what I said, but I do apologize if it came off as a rip on AM's in general - that wasn't intended. Please also understand that I've been awaiting answers from 2 AM's for 3 weeks on a couple of simple, but important topics and I was a pissed off when I wrote it. Unfortunately, I write the way I think, so I'm sure it could've been written more politely.

TheDonk
(not Bill, not the guy you think I am, I swear it, please check that)
__________________
Complete Chan Poker Review and Bonus Information
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2007, 06:28 AM
TheDonk TheDonk is offline
Rebel Freedom Fighter
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 197
Default

You know what, just remove the whole thread, I don't care. But PLEASE do go back and see that you've got the wrong guy, it's making me sick to my stomach that anyone would think of me that way. That was not me you're thinking about.

I say some stupid things sometimes, but not that stupid.

Edit: I just realized why think that I and Bill might be the same guy. You said "pick a PAW account and post on it". I have never signed up another account, I'm just me. My name is Jess, you can ask BG, Kaus, and others what my name is, they'll tell you. I think you can also look up my registration info, and check my IP address.

TheDonk
__________________
Complete Chan Poker Review and Bonus Information

Last edited by TheDonk : 11-30-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 284
Default

Nevermind - all's well that ends well
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus

Last edited by Notspot : Today at 08:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
J S's Avatar
J S J S is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 442
Default

J you are thinking of 'thedean' not 'thedonk' i believe.
__________________
J S

Poker Players 4 Ron Paul - Dr. Ron Paul, Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate. Wake up and smell the revolution, join the Ron Paul Army.

Do you run a poker league? Poker League Software provides a free automated poker leaderboard you can use. You can also Learn to Deal Poker, with our best selling online training course.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2007, 09:45 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,467
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDonk View Post

Edit: I just realized why think that I and Bill might be the same guy. You said "pick a PAW account and post on it". I have never signed up another account, I'm just me. My name is Jess, you can ask BG, Kaus, and others what my name is, they'll tell you. I think you can also look up my registration info, and check my IP address.

TheDonk
Ill vouch

Here is the thread Jeremy that I think you aer confused with

http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/f...-now-what.html
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2007, 10:06 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Default

I don't take offense to the post personally. I definitely understand some of the affiliates just starting out, getting frustrated with unresponsive AM's. My advice to newbies is to go with poker rooms that want to work with you to help achieve your goals no matter how big or small you as an affiliate are. I know many good AM's in the industry that will do that for you.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a hand - send me a text message Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-25-2007 04:51 PM
Bodog's Message About Instant Checks stillshadow General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 01-19-2007 10:50 PM
message to appear on everysite of forum towards top ILLGeTuOnTiLT Web Design Q&A 1 10-20-2006 12:40 PM
Message boards checkingout General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 10-27-2005 04:53 PM
A message to Joe Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 09-11-2005 08:30 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0