Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Prenut Prenut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 351
Default

Prick PM'ed me wanting to sell a site.
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-23-2007, 01:59 AM
Prenut Prenut is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 351
Default

You might want to email his affiliate managers with links to all of his shenanigans. I don't think they will look too fondly on it. Assuming the joeythechips character is him all of his affiliate id's are on his blog
__________________
Get a 25% bonus to play Poker at Pacific. Max bonus is $100 Click this link to play
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-23-2007, 06:28 AM
Notspot Notspot is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 314
Default

Thanks for letting us all know - I was gonna pp him some cash today - lucky escape!

Would be good to have a thread here with a list of emails / nicknames for known scammers - I almost missed this. Maybe a closed thread that only the mods can add to?
__________________
Poker Bonus Directory | The Poker Blog | Pokerstars Marketing Code
Poker Dictionary | Sit and Go Poker | Best Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,035
Default

igotaces21 has now been banned. Here is some of his info:

- Go to town!

http://joeythechips.blogspot.com

This seems to be inline with the information provided in this thread. Sorry to hear about this Holyman, but this is a lesson why you should always do your due diligence when doing anything with money online.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,035
Default

As some have mentioned I own that site. If you had of looked at the forum you should have been able to figure that out pretty quickly. Even a search on google for the site name brings up my blog talking about how I just bought it. I feel bad that you were ripped off, but did you do anything to verify that this person actually owned it?
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Holyman's Avatar
Holyman Holyman is offline
Looking for my 15 minutes
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 306
Send a message via AIM to Holyman
Default

You are right Graham. I brought this on myself. I thought it was strange, but I've been talking with this guy for a week and guess I had been conned. After we agreed on a deal I was asking him about verification details etc. He send an invoice to my wife's paypal and I was looking at it. I basically never use paypal and I clicked pay (thinking it would have a double verification system) and it paid it. So, at that point I was like ok, transfer me everything and he started sending me information..

Then he went off line abruptly and I got pretty nervous. After thinking about it for oh maybe 2 minutes I started the paypal dispute process, posted on paw, and tracked down Kaus who I saw was on the fuzionforum..

Everything turned out ok I guess, but it was a good wake up call for me.
__________________
Poker Tutoring | Strategy Forum | Hand History Replayer
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 AM
ClickItNow ClickItNow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 85
Default

Ask them to upload something to the site for verification.

FTP access is a pretty reliable indication that you are speaking to the right person.

No FTP access means no point discussing the finer details.
__________________
Play Holdem Online - Spades for Cash - Poker Deposit Bonuses - Polls and Surveys
Bounty Hunter Poker - Blog of Poker News and Events - Sites for US Players - Daniel Negreanu Blog
Cardplayer Resources <--- Submit your Link Exchange here
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-23-2007, 10:31 PM
gtycoon's Avatar
gtycoon gtycoon is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 28
Default scam

he tried selling me links on a blog. I deleted his message. It was on here.
__________________
http://www.pokeraffiliates.org.uk
Poker SEO, consulting, poker site creation, and more.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-23-2007, 10:32 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 473
Default

Quote:
he tried selling me links on a blog. I deleted his message. It was on here.
same here.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Going Public.... NeverBeg General Poker Affiliate Discussion 26 03-07-2006 08:54 PM
MIA - The Godfather Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 21 12-08-2005 11:09 PM
Player that has been scammed by my affiliate rgpncaapool General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 11-30-2005 02:48 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0