Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Closed Thread
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-07-2006, 10:34 AM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Before any of you guys get the wrong impression about this post, please understand that I have gotten permission from Jeremy to post about this issue, and I have had numerous chats with Godfather via PM and he has only mocked me in his responses....

Here is the story.......

Many months ago, I was just starting out as an affiliate and looking to pay an expereinced web designer on this forum to help me get my feet wet. I met a very friendly and active poster on this great forum known as "Godfather." We talked a lot about him helping me out with what I wanted and that I would pay him. To keep a long story relatively short, I transfered him some money to get started and than BAM! he disappears from the forums. He disappeared for a couple of months in fact.

As many of you know, he claims to have had a near death experience, falling on his head and bleeding from the brain, very serious stuff. If it is true, then goddamn you should be thanking god you are still a live every waking second of every day. Here on PAW there were a couple of posts titled "where is the godfather" people had absolutley no clue what happened. When he rejoined the forums he eplained to us all this injury and he even PM'd me expressing to me that he owed me money and that he would pay me in a couple of weeks when he could get funds on a poker account so he could do a transfer.

This all seemed very reasonable to me, I am not one to think people are dishonest, especially someone who has showed nothing but kindness on these forums like the Godfather has. He experienced a near fatal injury, why not wait a little longer to receive 150 bucks, it's not like I am starving over here or anything. So I waited another month or so. In the "Getting Better Slowly Thread" started by the Godfather, I even defended his injury while others thought it was BS.

Sure enough, I waited even longer for the Godfather to return. He even promised me he would pay me interest on the money he owed me. In response to that, I even sent him a PM saying, "I know you have been through a lot lately, why not just pay me 100 bucks and we'll call it even." He insisted on paying me interest!

Just the other day I sent him a PM saying that I have grown tired of waiting. I told him that I do not any longer believe that you will actually pay me the money that you owe me, much less 2/3's of it. I ultimately told him, if I do not receive payment in the next day, I will be going public on this forum so everyone can be able to comment on this issue if they desire to. In response I received a rather obnoxious PM:
Quote:

Greetings Dear Friend

I understand your problems and i will give you full support on
this matter when you go public with this. If you wish to ask any
advice or questions feel free to mail me at
and i will answer all you concerns and questions, so that you
will have a successful hot thread at the forums.

I wish you good luck and i hope your websites do well in the
future and bring you lots of money. I understand that you are
going through financial problems and i hope you will get through
it soon. I am not in the affiliate business anymore, but still enjoy
reading posts here, so you will probably still see me commenting
at the forums.

:P GoodFather :P
In the PM he claims i have financial problems which is not true at all. I simply do not think it is OK for people to steal money from other people which is essentially what the Godfather has done here. I paid him for a service that never got done (which I guess was dumb on my part to begin with) yet I have paid people to do work on websites for me before... And there was no reason to not trust him. The Godfather has been showing up sporadically to post on these forums, and still ignoring the fact that he has stolen money from me. He claims that he will comment on this "hot thread" which I invite him and everyone else to do so.

It is not about the 150 dollars to me anymore. It is the principle, a seemingly trustworthy and great human being can actually be deep down a crook, and think that he can get away with still being considered a welcomed member on this GREAT forum that I visit multiple times daily for all the great things that it offers. I am not asking for you to ignore the Godfather when he posts, or call him ill words, I am just asking you to all consider and remember this situation when he is posting on a given thread in these forums. That this man is not as kind hearted as he appears, he is actually a crook.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity to post on this matter. I wish you all nothing but greatness and success.

-Ross
  #2  
Old 03-07-2006, 11:15 AM
gumbajohnny's Avatar
gumbajohnny gumbajohnny is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ft lauderdale
Posts: 212
Send a message via AIM to gumbajohnny Send a message via MSN to gumbajohnny Send a message via Skype™ to gumbajohnny
Default

Would you like me to send one of my wise guys over there to take care of business.. :lol:
Seriously I say this to you and everybody getting involved in the business world out there.

Yes getting ripped of sucks it has happened to all of us in one way or another and it sucks. Nobody wants to walk away knowing somebody got the best of them(Pride is a bitch) but trust me it has happened to everybody.
With Stacks poker,Godfather,there was another guy here about a year ago who pulled the same shit and he ripped some members off, IT HAPPENS.
What do you do about it?
You learn a leason and move on, you cannot cry over spilt milk, yes you can whine about it that is normal but move on.
Lesson learned "never give out money with out a product".
__________________
Good Luck To Us All!!
  #3  
Old 03-07-2006, 11:31 AM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

all i can say is the web is full of crooks and be careful, i truly believe you could care less about the money, i mean after all its only $150! the email he sent you is degrading and down right sarcastic! good luck....
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
  #4  
Old 03-07-2006, 11:48 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,261
Default

It makes you sick doesnt it. Its not about the money its about the moral of it. Those are the type of people you want to meet in person.

Later
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
  #5  
Old 03-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Kyle Kyle is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,052
Default

My friend I have seen hundreds of people get scammed online before, some for thousands.

Just take this with you:

Scammed once, they're fault
Scammed twice, your fault.

Don't let it happen again and be more careful with your money. On a side note sorry you couldnt get your money from Godfather, I thought he was on the up and up as well.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
  #6  
Old 03-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Jay's Avatar
Jay Jay is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 113
Default

Well, I think the facts point out that he's a , and all known personal information should be posted here and on CAP so everybody knows to watch out for him.

And then banned, of course.
  #7  
Old 03-07-2006, 01:17 PM
GregK GregK is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,201
Default

Hes only an hour or 2 away from CAC Amsterdam h34r:
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
  #8  
Old 03-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Guys, let's keep things professional here. Thanks.
  #9  
Old 03-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Kestrel Kestrel is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Default

I think the sad thing about this story is not the fact that Take got scammed, but that Godfather came back and even taunted him about it.

Fair enough, if he was desperate for the ca$h - stole the money and ran away (start a new forum name or whatever). But coming back and making up stories like what he's done is very childish and only putting shame on himslef.
  #10  
Old 03-07-2006, 03:12 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 470
Default

thats too bad, I hate crooks
__________________
Poker Rakeback
Come see Rakeshark completely redesigned, it's pretty badass
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sportingbet - Settlement Fee or Extortion Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 03-28-2007 10:49 PM
Party rake back! Kellermann General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 10-11-2005 04:34 PM
888 goes public Stephen The Cocktail Lounge 0 09-29-2005 05:38 AM
Pokerroom.com to go public with IPO Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 09-17-2005 10:57 AM
partypoker might go public via IPO richardb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 01-27-2005 03:43 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0