Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 01:27 PM
RMalone RMalone is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

I am astounded "t3h godfatherer" was ever allowed to become a "trusted" member. Personally, I never considered him to be as such, but it appears my views were different than many other in here.

He managed to inundate this board with roughly 300 posts within a 3 month span, with all of these posts being spam basically. No links, why?.

He never provided an URL to associte himself with, but yet he was still a respected webmaster, designer, poker affiliate ect, (it least it appeared this way for a while)
why is this?

As soon as he gets money from forum members he disappears. At this point everyone who wasn't born yesterday knew he was gone with the money. But he comes back and makes a ridiculous post about how he "broke his bra1ns" and members had a whole get well soon thread and plans to make a card with everyones signature it and send flowers ect

Then you wonder why he sends emails like that, this whole thing is hilarious to him i'll bet.
  #12   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 01:47 PM
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 280
Default

__________________
Sell poker videos.
  #13   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 01:53 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,373
Default

I don't know about the specifics here, but something similar happened at least once before on this board. We all process information differently, but I am stunned at the threshold some other people have for "trusted". I'd suggest some of you guys raise your bar quite a bit higher.
  #14   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dbirider@Mar 7 2006, 03:47 PM
I was waiting for corpfan to do this...
  #15   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Godfather Godfather is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default

Greetings

Indeed, funny picture.

Actually i never said that i would not pay him, i just got annoyed about the
spamm he was delivering me, i promised him not to comment this thread but
after a picture like that, i just had to LOL!

h34r: GodFather h34r:
__________________
GodFather
  #16   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 05:06 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,113
Default

All in favor to ban him.

I
  #17   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 05:25 PM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

Quote:
Greetings

Indeed, funny picture.

Actually i never said that i would not pay him, i just got annoyed about the
spamm he was delivering me, i promised him not to comment this thread but
after a picture like that, i just had to LOL!

GodFather
This post pisses me off more than the fact that he stole money from me. "I just got annoyed about the spamm he was delivering me" WTF? What spamm was i delivering to you? This comment is absolutley ridiculous to me.

Thank you to all you members who have shown your support in this matter. I agree I should have been a lot smarter to not just pay him right off the bat.

I am in favor of banning him as well, but I dont think it is up to me to decide. I think if Jeremy, Randy, or the Intern are reading this, they should really be able to see what type of person Godfather really is and make an intelligent decision on what to do about it. This is a great forum with so many great people helping eachother out, we should really try to keep it that way.

Right now I put Godfather in the same level of care as I do the free roll whores that invaded our event last night, particularly the one who sucked out on me with AJ while I had AA. I'll be sure to never let a crook get the better of me again.
  #18   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 05:38 PM
RMalone RMalone is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

Just ignore the the_godfather, he is obviously having the time of his life and your responses only fuel the fire.

Banning him will in effect doing nothing. Sure, he wont be able to post as "the_godfather" and taunt his victims anymore, but he could still view the board or even make a new account. Are you gonna ban all known proxy servers? Thats assuming he hasn't been using one this whole time. (it would be naive not to IMO).

Your only solution is to create a members only forum with a password, which posters who are actually trusted can fraternize in realte comfort without the feeling that their peers are out to scam them in some way.
  #19   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 05:43 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 421
Default

I am also very surprised how he was able march into this forum and become an "authority figure" pretty quickly.

I kind of thought "who does this chump think he is?"

Then I became a chump and almost payed him some money to do a logo for me. Luckily it didn't come out to my satisfaction before he disappeared and that was it.
__________________
Rakeback
  #20   Spam Kill
Old 03-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

To be fair, Godfather did some work for me and there was no problem.

Also, it's only fair to point out that other people have had problems with him.

Having been screwed over early in my career as a webmaster for over $1000, I have nothing but sympathy for people who have paid for work and never received it. It's an expensive lesson to learn.

I'll have a discussion with Jeremy regarding Godfather's status here.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sportingbet - Settlement Fee or Extortion Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 03-28-2007 08:49 PM
Party rake back! Kellermann General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 10-11-2005 02:34 PM
888 goes public Stephen The Cocktail Lounge 0 09-29-2005 03:38 AM
Pokerroom.com to go public with IPO Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 09-17-2005 08:57 AM
partypoker might go public via IPO richardb General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 01-27-2005 01:43 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0