Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Rakefreeze Rakefreeze is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8
Default $10k SEO budget

Our rakeback site has basically been built on my poker radio show. It's the old story, provide content and monetize.

We've recently done a deal to be the official 2+2 poker radio podcast and our show will be hosted on the front page of 2+2. We will be advertising Rakefreeze in the podcast, so we expect a large amount of traffic as a result.

All of this allows us to spend some money on SEO related projects. Rakeback is obviously a very highly contested key word niche, but we are willing to do the hard work.

I've budgeted 10k for SEO in the next 4 months. My first thought is to hire a smart guy who knows some, but not all, there is to know about the subject and invest in his education.

Good or bad way to spend the $$?

Adam.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-14-2007, 01:17 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 343
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

How do you 'invest' in an SEO education?
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,698
Default

Paying someone with a good head on their shoulders to experiment and study is a good investment.

In this case it isn't enough money to really get a top person, but somebody starting out with enthusiasm could be a very good match.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2007, 01:47 AM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,519
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Have you thought about trying to learn yourself...like I know thats what your trying to do and all but there are so many things just glancing at your source code that you could do yourself with a little research or reading the many posts on forums here and what not...it gets really interesting once you see results that you have learned from reading, asking questions advice from others,
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Rakefreeze Rakefreeze is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP View Post
Paying someone with a good head on their shoulders to experiment and study is a good investment.

In this case it isn't enough money to really get a top person, but somebody starting out with enthusiasm could be a very good match.
Ya, I realize I can't hire top people in the field. It's impossible because they know that they are worth a fortune. Thats why the thought of sending a smart motivated employee to the school of hard knocks.

Adam
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 AM
Rakefreeze Rakefreeze is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
Have you thought about trying to learn yourself...like I know thats what your trying to do and all but there are so many things just glancing at your source code that you could do yourself with a little research or reading the many posts on forums here and what not...it gets really interesting once you see results that you have learned from reading, asking questions advice from others,
This would be the best option, but I really don't have the time TBH. Two kids, poker, radio show, running website etc etc take up most of the day. I think i'm better off hiring a dedicated SEO and traffic aquisition guy.

Adam
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 343
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

Oh well then that makes sense. You had me wondering if I'd missed an opportunity there for a minute.

Seriously, I know she was offering help for free, but you should consider Kaus if she's willing, she's very knowledgeable and eager. I believe Randy also offers consulting, probably a much higher budget though.
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Rakefreeze Rakefreeze is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyHoldem View Post
Oh well then that makes sense. You had me wondering if I'd missed an opportunity there for a minute.

Seriously, I know she was offering help for free, but you should consider Kaus if she's willing, she's very knowledgeable and eager. I believe Randy also offers consulting, probably a much higher budget though.
I didn't realize she was offering. Would love to hear from anyone who offers consulting! Feel free to PM me...

Adam
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default

Spend $3000 on paid links to PR6 and above sites ...(Don't tell g**gle) - You'll find a really competitive market for this business at sitepoint or d.point.

Pay an article writer a handsome sum to write a press release a day for 30 days and use a paid service to distribute it.

Importantly : check this page out and fix all the problems you've got now before you go any further : http://whois.domaintools.com/rakefreeze.com


Sling me anything you got left for such quality advice.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 245
Default

Is buying high PR links from non gambling related sites helpful?
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$200 Budget Holyman General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 11-14-2007 01:21 AM
$150 - $200 Budget - New Affiliate poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 11-13-2007 01:20 AM
WTB Poker Website- Budget $1000-$10000 - Min PR3 Buddhaseo WTB - Want To Buy 0 05-25-2007 01:42 PM
Party Poker $10k entry in PartyGamon Million: sell it pokernut PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 01-15-2007 11:40 AM
NJ casinos to close Wednesday, victims of state budget stalemate Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Cocktail Lounge 0 07-05-2006 10:40 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0