Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:05 PM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 177
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themike537 View Post
Is buying high PR links from non gambling related sites helpful?
It should help some (there is plenty of controversy over this), but not near as much as a related site even with a lower PR (to an extent).
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default

This is debatable and I am no seo expert but I have done some tests and some of my non-gambling links out rank backlinks from other poker sites for the same terms.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,519
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

edited by me - misunderstood Oz's post more so what he was saying
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 11-14-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: came off the wrong way...misunderstood post
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default

I thought that was what I did here :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpoker View Post
Importantly : check this page out and fix all the problems you've got now before you go any further : http://whois.domaintools.com/rakefreeze.com
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,519
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

When I found that tool I thought it ws my godsend...I mean really here is a little thing enter my site it tells me whats wrong and presto I fix it...I dont think you can rely on these things to be accurate...who knows maybe I am wrong just I have never seen any difference by using these tools.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:36 PM
themike537's Avatar
themike537 themike537 is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 245
Default

You have to get your on-page stuff down, but I was talking more about after that. Once your site is seo'd well, is there an advantage to buying PR6 or 7 links even if they aren't related to your site.
__________________
PokerAffiliateLife.com - Your free poker affiliate guide.

USAPokerLife.com - The latest US poker news
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 159
Default

I personally would much rather have an in text link from a page that is directly related to my anchor text rather than buying a link on a pr6 site that has no relevance. Im not saying they don't help, but I think links from related pages go further with google.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default

It's just an indicator that things aren't right and gives some basic advise like missing "alt" tags - as I figure it the closer you are to 100% in those scores the better you off you'll be.

But hey...I ain't applying for the job - I was just chucking in some things that have worked for me.

I now rank #3-#8 for my most important terms for one of my sites and just got a 2 text line site to PR2 in a month using an experimental test so I can't be doing that bad - although I certainly used to be that way.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 434
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakefreeze View Post
Ya, I realize I can't hire top people in the field. It's impossible because they know that they are worth a fortune. Thats why the thought of sending a smart motivated employee to the school of hard knocks.

Adam
Hey I would bet for $10k you could get the guys from Poker-SEO.com for 6 months and some change.
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:58 AM
LadyHoldem's Avatar
LadyHoldem LadyHoldem is offline
Mouthy American Girl
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 343
Send a message via MSN to LadyHoldem Send a message via Yahoo to LadyHoldem Send a message via Skype™ to LadyHoldem
Default

10k for 6 months? For actual SEO experts?
__________________
I'm a WAHM (work at Home Mom), I primarily write gambling content like poker reviews, and gambling news, as of right now I'm writing about the WSOPE. You could say I'm a gambling Affiliate Webmaster I review poker portals, and I am against the US Gambling ban!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$200 Budget Holyman General Poker Affiliate Discussion 15 11-14-2007 01:21 AM
$150 - $200 Budget - New Affiliate poker69 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 11-13-2007 01:20 AM
WTB Poker Website- Budget $1000-$10000 - Min PR3 Buddhaseo WTB - Want To Buy 0 05-25-2007 01:42 PM
Party Poker $10k entry in PartyGamon Million: sell it pokernut PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 01-15-2007 11:40 AM
NJ casinos to close Wednesday, victims of state budget stalemate Ts_Bingo_Poker_Casino The Cocktail Lounge 0 07-05-2006 10:40 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0