Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
SmackDog SmackDog is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 592
Default Top Organizational Tips

I am currently going through growing pains as my business continues to expand even outside the poker affiliate world.

I'm wondering if some of the more experienced affiliates have any tips on how to organize your business?

I'm wondering if people keep earnings and expenditures for each site seperate? Or if this is seperated out by type of site, IE poker, casino, cell phones, etc.

Also, does anyone use software like MS Money, Quicken, etc.?

I am currently using a basic spreadsheet, but feel like maybe I need to update my accounting records so it is easier at tax time for me.

I look forward to hearing what other affiliates have to offer.

Thanks,
__________________
Gambling Strategy Guide - Submit your gambling strategy guides which may contain back links to your gambling web sites.

Online Poker Leagues | Poker Satellite Tournaments | iPhone Mobile Mob | Poker RakeBack Offers
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-26-2007, 02:44 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 277
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

I keep all data separate for sites. I find that way you can analyze trends, and adjust your promotions based on that. For example if you generate $50k a month at Full Tilt, then one month you generate 60k, you could look to see if there was anything special about that month - ie: a WPT satellite rake/raked hands promotion, and start promoting things like that more. In some cases I'll even e-mail the poker room/casino to see. Sportsbooks are where I notice the biggest trends up & down.

I stick to Excel as I'm very comfortable and experienced with it. I think for a lot of accounting software there may be trial versions available for you to play around with. Try a couple and see what you like best.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-26-2007, 04:03 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,307
Default

For simply organizing your day & schedule, I love this...
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/sunbird/

Still looking at financial type apps myself?
Its looking like Quicken is hard to beat though, lots of integration with the major banks online banking too. import/export back n forth etc.
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-26-2007, 04:14 PM
JBlixt JBlixt is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 211
Default

If you want to but a good structure for your business you need to ask yourself a couple of questions:
1) What are the legal requirements for bookkeeping, taxes and so on. This you have to put in order. I recomend that you find a solid software for bookeeping. Do not do more of this than you need to!
2) The second part is what you need to be able to develop your business. To keep track of your different websites and how much the cost and generate would be very usefull when you want to decide where to go next. Maybe you will even find that you are loosing money at some of the websites and should let them go.

We are small and do not have that much different websites. But i regret that we did not put it up a bit different from the beginning. Now it is to much work to change all the trackers and so on.
__________________
The swedish pages:
Pokerskola
Partypoker Bet365 Poker Rakeback och bonus Poker skola
The international page:
Poker beginner school
Poker school Bet365 poker rakeback and bonus Sit & Go Poker school
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-27-2007, 04:48 AM
stocktrader stocktrader is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 33
Default

I like to keep everything in spreadsheets because it allows you to make notes on everything. Also, the biggest organizational headache, in my opinion, is organizing your ideas and information. The financials, IMO, tend to be the easiest thing to organize. The spreadsheet I use is here - http://www.webpageblueprint.com/organization.php.

The operational tasks of being a webmaster is the biggest area that people underestimate - especially among intermediate webmasters. Beginners tend to underestimate marketing and planning the most but as a webmaster becomes successful they invariably come up with new ideas for new sites, etc and tend to underestimate how much time they spend managing everything.
__________________
WepageBlueprint.com - Learn to make websites

Last edited by stocktrader : 10-28-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for an accountant - tips? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 21 10-18-2007 01:35 AM
Las Vegas Tips JohnG General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 10-15-2007 10:51 PM
Secrets, tips and strategy of creating meta tags NewPokerGirl Search Engine Optimization 2 03-24-2007 02:04 PM
Website 'Stickiness' tips and News gPowell New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 09-27-2006 04:11 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0