Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,238
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default AP - Does this help or hurt the overall fight

This should make for a very interesting discussion.

Does the current AP situation help or hurt the fight for for legalization and regulation?
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 705
Default

I don't think it effects the chances that the US decides either way on regulating/legalizing it.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

I don't think it would necesarily help the cause....

The PPA and other pro-online gambling groups already have such a hard-fought battle on their hands as it is -- this only adds fuel to an already raging fire on Capitol Hill. From a player's side, this kind of controversy will no doubt spark massive change throughout the online gambling community (poker, casino, bingo, etc) in regards to bulking up security and really cracking down on bot programs and "superuser"-like accounts; but from a Senator's side, it will just show how unsafe and untrustworthy offshore gaming companies can be.

I could definitely see a big battle ensuing if this situation were to ever come to light during any congressional hearing regarding the UIGEA. If our government ever needed a true "smoking gun" on the matter, they most likely would have the trigger already cocked with this whole AP mess looming about.
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
haynesey haynesey is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 602
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

Maybe there will now be a bigger call to "regulate" online gambling more?
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 445
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

I doubt it honestly. I doubt they even think of it at all. I do however think that MGM or Harrah's might be less likely to jump in given this incident. The amonut of controls compared to the profits might be overwhelming.

They have FULL reign in vegas.

As much as the AP thing is awful no one has convicted them of anything. Without proof it is still sort of their word against the online communities.

In fact, I logged on yesterday and there were still tons of games going. Which surprised me a lot.
__________________
http://alwaysbluff.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 542
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Yea, as much as I think it would honestly hurt the efforts if it were to ever come to light, the fact is it probably won't even be brought up whatsoever. Like you said, there have been no official convictions, just "investigation" after "investigation" by AP.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
I doubt it honestly. I doubt they even think of it at all. I do however think that MGM or Harrah's might be less likely to jump in given this incident. The amonut of controls compared to the profits might be overwhelming.

They have FULL reign in vegas.

As much as the AP thing is awful no one has convicted them of anything. Without proof it is still sort of their word against the online communities.

In fact, I logged on yesterday and there were still tons of games going. Which surprised me a lot.
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:06 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,541
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

It may not effect the actual decsion but it sure as hell adds fuel to the fire. You have a group of people who are already using a small minority of issues as thier reasons for the ban let alone cheating/lack of security within the company itself.

It would be great news for the media let alone the senators who are against this.

Seen his original story yesterday which was written after the first incident and this today( new york times blog).

Read the comments from the people. It adds more doubts to the already skeptic people



It may be a one time occurence within one network but still significant enough to make a huge fuss over.

Regulating it would obviously help both players and affiliates but would they be willing to do that and how would they be able to go after a massive amount of money when the companies are not based within the US.
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further


Last edited by kaus : 10-17-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:40 PM
Darko Darko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 259
Default

according to pokersitescout AP have had around 1250 cash players online on average for the last serveral months - over the last few weeks its been around 1400 lol

So AP have had a 10-15% increase within the last month (i guess due to seasonal activity - but they show no decline at all compared to other rooms and their averages)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-17-2007, 12:57 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 167
Default

I think right now its clearly hurting our situation, but it would have the opposite effect if AP proved this was a well orchestrated hoax. Frankly I haven't spent much time reading the long threads, but it a few things stand out for me with what I have read.

First, it seems very strange to me that someone who has the nuts in seeing hole cards goes after every single hand. Am I to believe they are not smart enough to let a few slide, I mean it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand if I win every pot its going to look strange.

Second, there was plenty of time to orchestrate this hoax and anyone with notepad on their computer could accomplish this. The real question that needs to be answered for me is "Were the hole cards that were given in the actual xls file genuine?" Once AP or the auditing company tells me this then it will be easy for me to base a conclusion. I just think to myself with a little time in notepad or excel I could very carefully complete a 132 tournament and paint any kind of picture I wanted.

Lastly it just seems like too many things conveniently came together for this to be exposed. I may just be wishful thinking here and perhaps I may have different sentiments if I spent a day going through this soap opera, but I am just going to wait until there are more developments.

But if this does prove to be a hoax, then it will actually look very good on the industry security measures. However if its true and this player could in fact see the hole cards then the anti online gambling move will never let it go.

Were the hands from the tournament posted on PocketFives genuine or not? This says it all for me!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,433
Default

I thought the EXACT SAME THING late last night!

I was going to post it today...

To me, it seems like a MADE UP HOAX by someone who HATES ABSOLUTE POKER!

There are just too many weird parts to it all.

This came to me after I watched the YOUTUBE VIDEO of the hands...seemed very odd to me and SOOO OBVIOUS...that no one would be stupid enough to play like that! It is like walking up and STABBING the president in front of a world-wide audience and thinking you would get away with it.

Just my 2 cents and gut feeling!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tonights Fight... Brandon The Cocktail Lounge 0 05-06-2007 02:24 AM
can unrelated links hurt Knuder12 Search Engine Optimization 3 03-22-2007 02:27 AM
Team Cake Fight - $1000 Affiliate Manager's Prize Chris-CakePoker A.M. General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 11-17-2006 10:26 PM
Is this going to hurt me? losercore Web Design Q&A 2 08-16-2006 07:18 AM
Do these type of sites hurt serps, PR, etc.? CasinoMack Search Engine Optimization 3 08-07-2005 04:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0