Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-28-2007, 06:13 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131
Default Do Not Click

Just a little experiment guys. I know people are curious by nature, I just want to see if my ideas have any potential. Thanks to all those that have participated in the DO NOT CLICK program, its appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-28-2007, 06:15 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

email spammer

re: hi
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming & pokerlistings.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-28-2007, 06:51 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 637
Default

Don't click what?
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 770
Default

I have to admit, I read the first few lines of the post before clicking. But I was definitely curious when I saw the post.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-28-2007, 10:30 PM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is online now
Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 704
Default

yeah..."don't click" ...definitely means "DO CLICK"...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2007, 10:39 AM
stiankr's Avatar
stiankr stiankr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 76
Default

Ok, i had to click it too
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:47 PM
YourPokerZone YourPokerZone is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4
Default great idea

This is a great idea, from now on all my banners will say "Do NOT click here to get bonus" etc etc

We have a button here at the office which says "DO NOT PRESS" because it cuts off all electricity on the floor... I think everyone who works here has at least once pressed the button just to see what it does.
__________________
Birgir
http://www.yourpokerzone.com (on hold)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2007, 01:52 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,187
Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Am I missing something.....I seriously dont get it and the more people who comment the more confused I am as to what is not supposed to be clicked ???
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2007, 03:01 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,034
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
Am I missing something.....I seriously dont get it and the more people who comment the more confused I am as to what is not supposed to be clicked ???

Congrats, you win the prize

WET PAINT
__________________
Translation services : 29 languages clients include partygaming & pokerlistings.
Email -

References and further details available on request

Following my Anti PPA rant, you can sign up At fulltilt using bonus code "PPABONUS"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2007, 03:46 PM
offyourface offyourface is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaus View Post
Am I missing something.....I seriously dont get it and the more people who comment the more confused I am as to what is not supposed to be clicked ???
This was just a short experiment of how to get people to do what you want them to. My goal here was to get as many people to click on this thread as possible by building a little curiousity. I think you can tell just by the number of page views this thread has gotten that this is a good illustration that curiosity sells. So I for one need to do a better job to build that curiousity on my sites - whether it be with more creative link text, more compelling copy or whatever. My goal is to do a better job in getting more people to click on my links since thats ultimately how I make my money.

The possibilities are endless when you can be creative enough to get the visitor to do exactly what you want them to. Easier said than done, I know -- but I have a lot of room for improvement and this was just confirmation on one area I am missing the boat with. This also reminds me to ask myself everytime I put up a page: "What am I trying to get the visitor to do?" or better yet, "How is writing this copy going to put money in my pocket?" If I had known to ask myself these questions when I was first starting out I think I would have been a lot more successful. I am just going back to the fundamentals a little here and trying to study the process.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
click per pay prices xpertadvice4u Search Engine Optimization 4 03-29-2007 02:38 PM
Had a friend click through and download, doesn't show in my report manager -w- General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 07-20-2006 09:15 AM
Watch out for goclick.com Bad pay per click site the27offsuit.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 4 01-11-2006 06:35 AM
Testing Pay Per Click Search Engines Randy Search Engine Optimization 1 10-21-2005 02:05 AM
The guys who pay 1 to 2 Bucks Per Click... mike General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-21-2005 06:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0