Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-20-2006, 09:48 AM
-w- -w- is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7
Default Had a friend click through and download, doesn't show in my report manager

Howdy gang,
Starting to set up my first website, and managed to get a little flourish of traffic going. We had quite a few people click through, but no downloads show up. So, I had a friend click through, and download today, and sign up on the site. And for whatever reason, it is not showing up as a download in my report manager this Prima Network skin. Can anybody give me any advice? I have already contacted my affilliate manager, and am waiting on a response from them.

Is this a fairly common occurance? Should I drop this site like a bad habit?

-w-
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I would definately contact your account manager. I'm not sure how long Prima rooms take to update stas, this could be one answer.

Or another common mistake that affiliates make when signing up is not having your friends clear their cookies on their computers. What usually happens is you tell a buddy that they should sign up at ABCpokersite. com through your link and then they go check it out.

Then a day later they go back to the site, but this time through your aff. link, sign-up and deposit. The problem is that a cookie has already been placed on their machine from their initial visit that doesn't allow them to be tracked to you.

You may want to try clearing all your cookies and setting up a "test" account to see if it gets tracked. I wouldn't neccesarily drop the site because this happened to you. More than likely there is a reason it happened.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2006, 10:15 AM
-w- -w- is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy
I would definately contact your account manager. I'm not sure how long Prima rooms take to update stas, this could be one answer.

Or another common mistake that affiliates make when signing up is not having your friends clear their cookies on their computers. What usually happens is you tell a buddy that they should sign up at ABCpokersite. com through your link and then they go check it out.

Then a day later they go back to the site, but this time through your aff. link, sign-up and deposit. The problem is that a cookie has already been placed on their machine from their initial visit that doesn't allow them to be tracked to you.

You may want to try clearing all your cookies and setting up a "test" account to see if it gets tracked. I wouldn't neccesarily drop the site because this happened to you. More than likely there is a reason it happened.
Yeah, I thought about the cookies thing, so when I tested it with my buddy, we did everything on a new computer in the office (I work for a large builder/real estate company, so we went back into the cube farm and found a machine that had never been used).

I'm kind of baffled, because it showed up as a click, but not as a download in the Prima reports section.

-w-
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0