
A great show in the UK called Poker Night Live has recently been pulled off the air. It was also shown in Canada and a few other places, not sure exactly where though. The show basically involved showing live hands from the internet as they were played (with 10 minute delay to keep it fair) and the pro poker playing presenters would comment on the hands as they were played, giving their advice.
This was an amazing show, and kicked the shit out of every other poker show out there as far as I'm concerned. I know for a fact that people would watch it religously every night, and I learned a hell of a lot from it over the years. But anyways, they started to spend more money producing the show than they were making in the end and there wasnt enough people watching to keep it running, and so it was axed last month.
Its a great shame because it was such a fantastic show. But it highlights how poker on TV is becoming less popular than it once was. At least I was lucky enough to have been able to watch it whilst it was around.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
|