Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 07-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
Rockstar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 397
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default Forum lost all of its PR????

I just noticed today that my forum lost its PR... All of my other stuff stayed the same, but for some reason it went form PR3 to PR0. Anyone have an idea on how this would happen....

http://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums
__________________
Justin Goff (My blog, just the name for SEO reasons)

A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are built for.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,713
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Not sure exactly, but I do know you have a bunch of forum homepages due to the way good sees it. You have xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?
and then both with all the SID's attached...that hurts you, but I can't see it going to a 0 unless they see it as a huge amount of Dup Content.

You will need one of the guru's on this one...
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Manager and Consultant
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 07-18-2006, 01:23 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,371
Default

You've got a dozen or more duplicate pages linked from various places. It might be for some other reason, but that sure is an invitation to problems.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 07-18-2006, 03:53 PM
ozim ozim is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 174
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
You've got a dozen or more duplicate pages linked from various places. It might be for some other reason, but that sure is an invitation to problems.
May you give an example bacause I don't quite get what you mean PPP...

Actually I have to say I'm lost in this case. I had a torough look at Justin's forum and couldn't find antyhing that would justify such penalty. Not only is the PR gone but the whole forum site seems to have disappeared from G's index -> site:http://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/. No idea what has caused that but this looks serious to me

* Maybe, just maybe, one of the links in users signaturs is a so called 'bad link', but well... this is just MAYBE and personally I've never liked the concept that G would penalize you so severely for one bad link...
__________________
www.Poker24.pl - Poland's Top Poker Site
www.poker24.pl/eng - exchange links with me
second life F1
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,371
Default

xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums...hp?showforum=2
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums

All these are linked to (from places I found within three minutes) and throw up the same page.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 07-18-2006, 08:05 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 388
Default

My Google traffic is up but my site went to "0PR" on all but a couple pages, many were PR4 before. I had another site that was PR0 and is now PR6 and it’s a lame 1 page site.
I can't figure it out but sick of worry about it, I have traffic so if I don't have a little Google PR bar I don't care any longer.
Also I have some sites with 200+ links which were showing for years and one of them is showing 0 now.>>
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 07-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Justin's Avatar
Justin Justin is offline
Rockstar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: C-bus
Posts: 397
Send a message via AIM to Justin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums...hp?showforum=2
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?
xhttp://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/index.php?
xhttp://ohiostatepoker.com/forums

All these are linked to (from places I found within three minutes) and throw up the same page.
Thanks guys. So Im guessing what I need to do is make all of my links on my site that point to my forum all go to http://www.ohiostatepoker.com/forums/???
__________________
Justin Goff (My blog, just the name for SEO reasons)

A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are built for.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,089
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I believe you can correct all you issues with a simple 301 redirect.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
selling my chinese poker forum! huiso The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-02-2007 10:09 AM
Anyone want to share my forum with me? SImpson975 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-18-2007 02:25 AM
US Online Poker Forum freydaddy The Poker Affiliate Exchange 6 10-23-2006 10:56 AM
How many users to make a good forum? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 06-11-2006 07:51 PM
Best Forum Software GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-01-2005 06:22 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0