I have been thinking about creating a site that has alot of non-poker content, but not really making money off of anything but poker. Say for instance, I wanted to put 50 pages on one of my affiliate sites that has to do with popular but non-gambling subjects, would this be beneficial to do?
It would give me alot more unique content and alot more traffic but not targeted traffic....but should increase my pr because I could write alot more unique articles. Has anyone here had any luck with something like this?
Thanks
Most of the time this is done the other way around and has been very succesfull. Websites that are about other things that added poker do very well. Thebartend for example...
ultimatecapper might be the best example of this. A site about all sorts of things and then added poker bonus information and did very well.
Doing it your way might work out well too. it's hard to say without knowledge of what you are doing.
No reason why a sub domian that is unrelated won't get hits and stuff.