Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 138
Default Issues with TonyG Poker - losing players

Okay I know this had been covered once or twice but I would like to to vent this now.

As we all know TonyG's network died partly due to its software and partly due to US bans, but....

I had three affiliate accounts there and some 70+ players under me.

Now not once did I get any advice about transferring my balances or my players to the new platform, infact, none of those three accounts were even trasnferred as player accounts despite the fact they prolly had balances in them.

Now I have been emailing them constantly since the move with no response or bs. "we can't find those accounts" type reponses.

The thing is I take it up the *ss twice here - I lose three player accounts and whatever money was in them plus they have also emailed all my previous players and they now have new accounts on the new platform which are prolly in the "house" account and not under me.

I realise this prolly happened to everyone but when the site itself emails players I introduced and tells them to make the transfer and d/l the new platform but and then claims them as their own player, I think I have very right to be p*ssed.

Seeing as PAW, Poker News and TonyG Poker are all in similar hands I think it is only fair this gets a puiblic airing.

I believe the way they have handled this is extramely unethical.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,229
Default

Agreed.

I also lost 100+ players. And, $2 in my player's account - I couldn't cash it out because it was below their MINIMUM cash out amount.

My 100+ players are probably playing now, because there is action - but no info about this at all.

That is the thing I hate - even if we get screwed, I would appreciate some correspondence that they would be screwing us. Hate to wake up in the mnorning and know someone was giving it to you up the a** all night without me knowing it.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,955
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

The situation does suck and I agree 100%. I will talk to some people higher up about it, but just to be clear,

Quote:
Seeing as PAW, Poker News and TonyG Poker are all in similar hands I think it is only fair this gets a public airing.
This is not true at all, Tony's name is on the site and that is as far as it goes. PAW and PokerNews are separate entities and have no connection to TonyGPoker.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-2007, 04:12 AM
geoffvro's Avatar
geoffvro geoffvro is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
This is not true at all, Tony's name is on the site and that is as far as it goes. PAW and PokerNews are separate entities and have no connection to TonyGPoker
PokerNews, PAW, and TonyG are all registered under the same name - Poker News Limited.. there is definately some connection.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,955
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Didn't realize that, I will look into it.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Darko Darko is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 210
Default

i read somewhere recently, maybe poker-seo.com that tony g was one of the starters of poker news or somthing like that - i'll check a bit later if noone else has.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-2007, 08:54 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,955
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Yes, he was.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 750
Default

I thought it was kind of obvious that there was some connection also. After all, Tony G's blog is on Pokerworks, which is owned by Poker News. I am not sure what the extent of the relationship is, but I would guess that PokerNews definetly had a vested interest in Tony G Poker.

Here is the whois info:


Whois Record


Registrant:
POKERNEWS LIMITED
11 Florinis Street
City Forum, 7th floor
Nicosia, CY-1065
Cyprus

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: TONYGPOKER.COM
Created on: 01-Nov-04
Expires on: 01-Nov-11
Last Updated on: 05-May-07
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-04-2007, 01:01 PM
RakeReport's Avatar
RakeReport RakeReport is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.
Posts: 42
Default

I don't know why you would think Tony G poker could ever be successful in the first place.

I mean, did you see the gallery of hammy pics they had of him faking poses and pouts and such? It was pretty sad. I wonder what marketing "genius" came up with that idea?

Anyway, sorry you have to deal with that crap, best wishes in sorting it all out.
__________________
www.RakeReport.net Unbiased Poker Rakeback Directory


Learn How To Earn Free WSOP Seats & Add Thousands To Your Roll
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,955
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Just a heads up (again I personally have nothing to do with any operational aspect of this site). Nonetheless I feel obligated to get a resolution, so that is what I am going to do.

I have been in contact with the people at the top of PokerNews, as well as the new software providers (Euro Partners), and they will give me something to post tonight or tomorrow in regards to the situation.

The entire affiliate scheme on the old software (as well as the software itself) was trash in my opinion. The actual affiliate program never really had any traction from what I saw and the liquidity on their old network was such that it would have been impossible to be a great success.

Nonetheless this is a priority to get straightened out. More than likely, you will have to open up a EuroPartners affiliate account and the players can be imported over. I don't have enough players there that it makes a difference to me, but I can see the frustration if you did.

Just wanted to let the few of you knowthat had active players there, especially Oz, that I will do everything in my powers to get a resolution for you ASAP.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 07:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0