Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I always thought it was common knowledge that Tony started PokerNews and had a vested interest in the company. No one has ever tried to keep that a secret. Speaking of which I am going to start a new thread what is going on right now.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 06-05-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

As requested in a previous thread by geoffvro, here is what I have been able to accomplish on this.

I have spoken in depth with both management at EuroPartners and PokerNews. Although I cannot guarantee anything, I think there is an amicable solution here. The data should still be there considering they were able to move all the player accounts from the old software to the new software. With that said however matching up every single affiliate and player account (remembering the way the aff. program was) would be difficult.

Instead of turning it into a technical mess, trying to migrate the 90% of affiliates that probably never sent a single player, although longer term this would be ideal. My solution is this.

If you had an account on the old TonyG software with players, firstly sign up for an account at Europartners. (Sorry, but you'll have to do this) Then PM me your username at Europartners, as well as your old login name at TonyG. This way the technical crew at Playtech or Europartners can work on migrating the two.

Hopefully if you had players playing there, this will be able to bring them back under you.

Again this is not a guarantee, but I am pressing as hard as I can for this to happen and I believe it is possible.

Likewise in an attempt to keep things somewhat professional here I am changing the title of the thread.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #23   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 05:14 PM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,129
Default

Hey Jeremy,

What if we already have a CPA account at Euro?

Thanks!
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #24   Spam Kill
Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 121
Default

Thank you Jeremy

PM sent
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,704
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

No problem Oz, Corp I will ask Europartners and find out about your situation. Also for the record I want to apologize for not realizing that this was registered to PokerNews Ltd. As you can imagine Tony is involved in several businesses outside of this corporation.

In this situation the PokerNews/PAW team is about as hands off as you could be. Hence the reason for having EuroPartners involved. Nonetheless it is his name, so I will work to get a good resolution for the affiliates.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-10-2007, 07:23 AM
GazMan GazMan is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
Send a message via MSN to GazMan
Default

This affiliate migration will definitely happen. EuroPartners just need to work out the technicals. They do have all the old data and are just mapping it together.

TonyGPoker is operated by EuroPartners/Traffic Sales and not PokerNews, so I have little control on what happens, but EuroPartners are a great company and they will resolve this as quickly as possible. It should have happened from the start, but that step was missed in the migration process. Apologies for that. Don't worry though, it will be sorted out, and affiliate revenue will be back paid.
__________________
Gareth
www.pokernews.com
www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/affiliates/
Reply With Quote
  #27   Spam Kill
Old 06-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 121
Default

Gaz

Once the migration is complete will we be back under PAW subs ?

I am interested to know whether our players will still be eligible for "special freerolls" through Pnews and whther to wait and see if PAW picks up TonyG or promote though my own trackers.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #28   Spam Kill
Old 07-05-2007, 11:10 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,129
Default

Just wondering if this has been figured out as of yet???

Haven't heard anything at all.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Free Poker Bankroll
Reply With Quote
  #29   Spam Kill
Old 07-05-2007, 07:33 PM
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 121
Default

Nope - no players in my acct yet either.
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #30   Spam Kill
Old 07-05-2007, 11:48 PM
cogger cogger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko View Post
i read somewhere recently, maybe poker-seo.com that tony g was one of the starters of poker news or somthing like that - i'll check a bit later if noone else has.

If my poker business history serves me correctly, Tony started his site on PokerNews.info. It was more like bio and blog of himself and some other news tid bits. With his successful career he was able to acquire the dotCOM from another group or join them. I'm not sure.
__________________
World Poker Affiliates
Poker Master
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 07:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0