Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,485
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default Poker-SEO.com - New Seo Site

Finally the industry will have a site that will track SERPS and openly discuss SEO in respect to the online poker market. I seriously cannot wait to follow the news and views on poker-seo.

Even better the person doing this site is a dinosaur in the industry and probably one of the most respected SEO's and consultants out there.

Although some of the forthcoming content will be opinionated, it is an opinion coming from someone whom most all of us guys that have been around for a while respect.

I urge you all to bookmark this site and check back often as it is still brand new. Since this is the first site of it's kind to discuss SEO specifically related to the online poker market, I imagine we will be having some discussions here at PAW about much of what is written.

Here are a couple links:

Poker-SEO.com

PAW News Release on Poker SEO
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,313
Default

That's Steve Badger's site. (He runs Play Winning Poker, which is a search engine powerhouse.)

What was particularly interesting to me was this page about the top 25 poker sites and their rankings.

This is a site worth keeping an eye on though, for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 366
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

that is very interesting data.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 04:44 PM
PFO PFO is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 77
Default

Might be very usefull to us in the future. I do have to say I do not like the design at all....but it is all about SEO and content I guess.
__________________
Poker Freerolls Online

Private Freeroll Leagues - Join our private leagues!
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 112
Default

When it comes to SEO it looks like this guy knows his stuff very good seo site!!! Dont like page layout but great SEO.
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 06:59 PM
SharkScope SharkScope is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

What was particularly interesting to me was this page about the top 25 poker sites and their rankings.
I definitely like the Hitwise rankings
__________________
SharkScope.com
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 08:19 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,484
Default

Sharkscope is definitely on the upswing. It looks like you are the one site hurt by the averaging of the Compete numbers since you were so much smaller a year ago than now.

Good ideas can still pay off.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Jeremy Jeremy is offline
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,485
Send a message via MSN to Jeremy Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

The one question I would have about these top 25 poker sites and their rankings is in regards to sites with multiple languages.

For example PokerNews is in more languages than any other poker site I can think of. Likewise when I see the unique data even on our hitwise reports, it seldom adds up to the actual data that we see in our stats. I just wonder if multi-language sites are a bit more skewed than others on hitwise, compete, and quantcast. Because I know the actual data from our server and a fair amount of our traffic is international to the international sub-domains.

Overall this is kick ass data though for those that don't have 20 dimes to drop on hitwise.

I am looking forward to following these stats as well as seeing some of the interesting SEO discussions and talking points that will inevitably be brought up on this site.
__________________
My two favorite quotes:

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 05-16-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Beanie Beanie is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 366
Send a message via AIM to Beanie Send a message via MSN to Beanie
Default

I have always been a big fan of retaining your customers. My new site is my first retail venue. So I am drinking up everything related to search engines. In the next week or 2 my marketing starts to rear its head. It will be interesting to see in action a lot of the stuff I have been reading about.

Its also good to see sharkscope do well considering. It shows the market likes good original thinking.
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Aidan Aidan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 218
Default

No offense to Randy, and I'm sure he will not take any since he is 1000x more successful then I'm currently. But hey look out!

Playwinningpoker, poker-babes, and poker-seo.com have designs from 1999. Sure these sites are probably perfected for search engines, but what about the user. If I was an average user and came across one of these sites, I wouldn't even read the title. I would press back and keep looking in Google for something that looks appealing.

Why would anyone want to make a new site like, poker-seo.com which is a great idea and not use something that is current to 2007?

Wouldn't he benefit from re-designing all his sites? What is the reasoning behind using such old designs?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 01:39 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 06:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 02:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 09:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 09:18 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0