Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:21 PM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,061
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
No offense to Randy, and I'm sure he will not take any since he is 1000x more successful then I'm currently. But hey look out!

Playwinningpoker, poker-babes, and poker-seo.com have designs from 1999. Sure these sites are probably perfected for search engines, but what about the user. If I was an average user and came across one of these sites, I wouldn't even read the title. I would press back and keep looking in Google for something that looks appealing.

Why would anyone want to make a new site like, poker-seo.com which is a great idea and not use something that is current to 2007?

Wouldn't he benefit from re-designing all his sites? What is the reasoning behind using such old designs?
I agree with this. Steve knows how to SEO his sites, but they are so user illiterate. I know poker seo is new, but there is a lack of content, and I really don't see what he could do with this site with out "revealing" his secrets.

The colors are horrific and the content is written SEO friendly but I would leave in a heart beat instead staying around to read. PWP has a lot of GREAT content, but I don't see how he capitalizes on user retention, and conversions.

The style is Web .02 and could be easily upgraded and I really don't understand why it isn't.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:27 PM
PokerProp PokerProp is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 628
Default

Ditto on the last two posts. I think I mentioned it to Aidan before this post but eh forget. The sites get good ratings but are very ugly and nothing I would spend any time at.
__________________
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:36 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

Haven't we had a thread on the above posts before. I'm sure Badger's bank account puts all that's being said to rest.

I find the site very intriguing and look forward to watching it grow and could care less what it looks like. But God #&$@ it just means more, smarter competition.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-16-2007, 11:47 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,231
Default

On the top 25 list I don't think Full Contact Poker should be there since they're not a portal.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-17-2007, 12:12 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,061
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoursurfing View Post
Haven't we had a thread on the above posts before. I'm sure Badger's bank account puts all that's being said to rest.
Thats for sure, results do not lie. I wish Steve were more active in the affiliate world (conferences etc) I would love to hear his thoughts or have him on a discussion panel.
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,432
Default

Why would I be offended? I didn't design Badger's sites. (Although admittedly, mine probably aren't as pretty as his sites even.)

People who are seeking information rather than pretty design will probably keep an eye on the site. People who aren't probably won't. No big deal; such is life.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoursurfing View Post
On the top 25 list I don't think Full Contact Poker should be there since they're not a portal.
Good point... but I suppose the cardroom is so non-popular that it doesn't count.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
Wouldn't he benefit from re-designing all his sites? What is the reasoning behind using such old designs?
Money is pretty good reasoning.

I was just about to say most of the top 25 are not pretty, which is exactly why they make money. Pretty poker sites drive users away. they always have. On the other hand, you have to recognize who your target audience is. Do they want information? Do they want dancing pixies? Are they serious players looking to make money, or are they losers/donators? Build sites for your audience. Not all audiences are the same.

(This one is obviously not a general public one... and by your reasoning people should be hitting the back button on http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/ and they definitely aren't. Better to set fire to money than build a "pretty" seo site.)

Off-topic, went to look at http://worldseriesofpoker.com and the top banner is from Party Poker! Wow.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,001
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

I was going to say Matt Cutts' blog is one that is pretty ugly that people still read by the masses, although I'd take what he says with a grain of salt since he has to say what Google wants him to and he seems like he's on quite the tight leash....

As for poker-SEO.com I will definitely be a regular reader because you can read a hundred books and blogs but experience trumps all and I don't think too many people have more experience than Steve in this industry.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Zilla Zilla is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: U.K
Posts: 182
Default

Really looking forward to keeping an eye on this new site.

I've got huge respect for Steve and what he's achieved with his sites, always one of the people that when I see a post from him on here I go straight to it before the others - it's usually some good advice or an entertaining argument

So I can't wait to read his opinions and advice on poker-seo.

I wish I could afford to hire him to SEO consult on my sites
__________________
Online Poker Strategy | Poker Tournament News | Full Tilt Poker | Johnny Chan Poker

Free PAW Freeroll listing script - list up to date PAW freeroll listings to your users. Full Details here
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 07:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:21 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0