Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 05-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,432
Default

There is actually a good point to be made here too. Steve Badger is obviously smart enough to watch his referral logs to see what the average time a visitor spends on his site.

Has anyone here done any split testing of various designs on their site to see what created more stickiness?

It's easy to say that most users will click the back button when they see an ugly website, but it's possible that just the opposite is true. You don't know until you test two different designs.

There is a line of thought that static image banners get a higher clickthrough percentage than animated image banners. That's another example of something you can split test for yourself and then decide what to use.

Split testing should be going on constantly on any website you're serious about. Split testing an "ugly" design versus a "pretty" design is the kind of important and thoughtful work serious affiliate webmasters should be doing constantly. (It's something I know I should be working on more, in fact.)
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,956
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Looks like some of the ballers here are going to get their sites reviewed This site has become stickier than any blog I've ever read.

http://www.poker-seo.com/search/
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-22-2007, 09:01 PM
SharkScope SharkScope is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Looks like some of the ballers here are going to get their sites reviewed This site has become stickier than any blog I've ever read.

http://www.poker-seo.com/search/
Well he's going to have a field day with the SharkScope SEO, or lack thereof. Thank god we don't need it.
__________________
SharkScope.com
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-23-2007, 06:01 AM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 368
Default

I think Badger morphed from a poker content creator (hobbyist), to creating pages for poker money. The design probably started out because of lack of ability and has decided to leave well enough alone.
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-23-2007, 07:35 PM
dbirider's Avatar
dbirider dbirider is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Google Earth
Posts: 315
Default

Great site. I appreciate all of the research he's making availible of top poker sites.

I just wish he would offer some type of rss feed and perma-link structure for the news/updates section. It doesn't make any sense not to, for both SEO and usability. It wouldn't hurt if he added the ability to comment on news either.
__________________
D.B.I. Rider
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-24-2007, 01:10 PM
RounderStaked RounderStaked is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 118
Send a message via MSN to RounderStaked
Default

Awesome site, and a phenomenal idea. I am really looking forward to when it has a large amount of content. I'm sure everyone will be able to learn at least a thing or two no matter how long you've been doing this.

Check out today's search news, he gave yahoo and their results a well deserved lashing.
__________________
Online Poker Bonus
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:09 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,956
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Lots of updates in the last few days.....I am surprised at how much content Badger adds regularly. Such good information too, and all the site reviews seem to be spot on.

For us as affiliates, this is a great resource. Especially the poker search news / blog section.
__________________
My Personal Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 1 10-11-2006 02:39 AM
Article To Introduce New Players to Online Poker bankrollboost.com General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 04-09-2006 07:41 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 03:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 10:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 10:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0