Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 09-06-2007, 09:36 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default Favorite or Underdog to Win?

in sport. Do you support the favorite or underdog?

My answer is variable.

If its a team I support, obviously I dont care, they are supported.

If I have no affiliations, I usually go for the underdog.

If I know both sites personally, I tend to favor the favorite. The reason being, they usually train harder, thats why they are favorite.

An arrogant talented favorite over a less talented dedicated slogger. I'll go with the slogger.


Talent :


Tiger Woods - Talent, consistency and bottle. In a class of his own.


Underdog :

Muhammad Ali - Brilliant fighter, never the best. He got so many kickings. His mouth was better than his talent. He fought better men but beat them against the odds. A real life rocky only he made everyone beleive he was the favorite.

Consistency :

Ed moses - 400m hurdles runner - unbeatable for about 9 years. quit and came back in his fourties and almost qualified for the olympics for the US team


Notable mentions

Diego Maradona - The midget genious, better footballer than the famous pele.

Joe Montana - Ending his career when I watched the girly game. Cool under pressure. At the top of his game for many years. Won 4 ankle bracelets.

Rocky - a great film but in real live I would have supported the other guy. Rocky was only a part time champion. The music was inspirational when I was younger.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 AM
addaminsane addaminsane is offline
www.aintluck.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 182
Default

Consistency:

Arnold Schwarzeneggar - 6 consecutive Mr. Olympias. - retires and comes back for a seventh. Considered by many to be the only man who built the perfect body.

Goes from a body builder to an actor who actually had decent skills as an actor and lots of success.

Goes from an actor to a politician. I don't know if many people like or support him in this area, but by golly who does all this stuff? Takes some gumption. Arnold has conquered some goals in his life.
__________________
Poker Strategy - Online Poker Tables
Free Workout Routines (in the making)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Favorite thing about PAW? NewPokerGirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 8 07-10-2007 07:36 PM
What is your favorite Blogging Software? GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 10-29-2006 10:11 AM
Your favorite room to promote & why? GregK General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 01-17-2006 04:39 PM
Your Favorite Site To Play hoursurfing General Poker Chat 13 10-01-2005 07:40 PM
Whats your favorite PR site hoursurfing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 08-07-2005 03:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0