Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews
  #1  
Old 04-19-2007, 08:40 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default Web Hosting

Please post your favorite web hosting comapny and why.

Also please post bad companies you would stay away from

This will be hosting a .co.uk site.

Is it true Blue host will not allow gambling site?

Thanks all
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-19-2007, 08:51 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

So far the list of tops are:

Netfirms...Anyone agree?
Dot5...Anyone agree?
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-20-2007, 12:13 AM
ArthurD ArthurD is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 79
Default

I can provide top-notch hosting for anyone interested. It'll probably be more expensive than the bigger hosting sites - but the old saying applies; You get what you pay for.

I offer true 1 on 1 support via AIM, MSN (etc, all IM clients), phone, and email. I also guarantee that I don't overload servers like corporate hosting companies, and I understand the gaming industry unlike the corporate companies.

Fast page loads and a selection of hosting locations for your server (including out-of-country locations) are also available. PM or contact me from the info listed below.
__________________
-Arthur D'Antonio III
Web Developer (PHP Specialist)

RakebackSoftware.com - The Automated Solution for Managing your rakeback business


AIM: ADanto6840
MSN:
Email:
Phone: 1.812.369-0538
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
rob3786 rob3786 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 142
Question fasthosts

I am using fasthosts what do you think about fasthosts as a host? They have been good so far for me for my site Jackpot Avenue
__________________
Jackpot Avenue
www.jackpotavenue.com

Online Casino & Poker Guide
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 614
Default

I have had nothing but good experiences with 1and1.com. They seem to have everything you could need.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunPoker.com View Post
I have had nothing but good experiences with 1and1.com. They seem to have everything you could need.

Mark

I forgot about them. I'm on my way there now...In the not so literal way of the intrernet.

Thanks
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-26-2007, 12:05 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 327
Default

I use hampshirehosting and they are very good. They offer everything I need at a good price with great support too. I had a little problem with the site a little while ago but they helped me sort everthing out pretty quickly. They are based in Cananda also.

One site I would definitely avoid is hosting-pp. They are probably the worst hosting company you could want to find. They offer a lot of space and bandwidth for low prices with 99.9% downtime.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-27-2007, 03:23 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 450
Default Netfirrms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by losercore View Post
So far the list of tops are:

Netfirms...Anyone agree?
They have great prices on domains, and free privacy....super deal.
They only seem to have email support on techie issues...not that great.

Webserve.ca has livechat support, but you can really only get them available late evenings....but once they are available, the ones on the night shift are great and willing to be helpful. Their domains cost too much though.

I think something to take into account is what kind of software add-ons the host is offering...what scripts and CMSs do they support....Fantastico? Coldfusion? Wikis? Wordpress? will they help with installations?

How many email accounts will they let you have? How many databases?

If you are a Noob...maybe there are some things that are more important than saving $2 per month. Are there lots of tutorials and videos?
Netfirms does a good job on that end.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-27-2007, 07:49 AM
bahh's Avatar
bahh bahh is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Europe
Posts: 894
Default

dreamhost.com.

You can get an up to $97 discount if you use some kind of bonuscode.
Unlimited databases, one-click installs, lots of bandwidth, great support, anonymous whois etc etc.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 993
Default

I use both dreamhost and netfirms. I am happier with dreamhost, though I have never really complained to netfirms that there servers are slow. Someone I know complained and got moved to a better server, but besides that I like dreamhost more. Much more communication where there is a problem.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hosting Alert - Blue Host JamieB34 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 02-08-2007 05:26 PM
Looking for Hosting Package JamieB34 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 02-02-2007 11:31 PM
Hosting Company Move??? losercore Web Design Q&A 2 10-20-2006 11:40 AM
hosting suggestions? hyacinthgirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 09-22-2006 07:40 AM
Dedicated Web Hosting ResIpsa General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 09-20-2006 11:06 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0