Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Web Design Q&A Use this forum to discuss any web design questions or issues you may be having

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2007, 09:05 PM
BonusDepot BonusDepot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 37
Default Need Help On New Forum!!! Admin Spot Open

I need help with design and content for this poker forum . http://www.thepokerpound.com . I will offer the right person that knows how to make a page look good with content and design , an Admin spot on the forum. Please contact me by PM , to set up futher talks .
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 PM
scrappy scrappy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 20
Default

I almost am affraid to post here but oh well. 1st I started my site to teach myself how to work with php since I had never even made an html page about 2 months ago. as far as graphics and content I dont even pic my own clothes out to wear so with that said. If you want some help with php including changing your forum around so you can put content where you want and things like member specific banner targeting setting up your own adserver to run your banners and track them no matter where your tag is posted. Maybe changing your member profiles so that your members can put there poker site screen names in them so your adserver knows not to show that individual member a banner for lets say poker.com now that you know they already play there or anything else you want to do with php let me know and If you tell me what you want your site to do I will show you how or I will figure it out. and not charge you a thing. but please if any of the members here are going to bash the color of my forum dont bother. My enjoyment comes from figuring out how to make something work not how pretty it is. so I will make the offer again to everyone. If you are having a problem with php or want it to do something different let me know. The only thing in it for me is I might like the idea and use it on my site also......Scrappy www.bucknakedpoker.com/phpbb2

Also I have just started on my portal page and rss feed of new forum messages so if you go to that page it is just some frames with an rss feed. just ignore it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-17-2007, 07:14 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 449
Default color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy
please if any of the members here are going to bash the color of my forum dont bother. www.bucknakedpoker.com/phpbb2
.

I really envy what you have accomplished in only a couple of months.
I was afraid to take on phpBB....but with your kind offer in place, I will certainly ask you for some help when the time is right and rethink my inclination to go with vBulletin. Thank you for the generous offer.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-17-2007, 10:39 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,089
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

edit

Last edited by edmc : 03-21-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-21-2007, 07:39 AM
scrappy scrappy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 20
Default What is this guy talking about?

What does he mean about emails? I dont get it. This is the crap I seem to have to deal with if I offer to help out. Do they have mods here? If someone cant explain this will be my last visit here. Sorry to all that would of appreciated the help but you will need to contact me through my forum.

www.bucknakedpoker.com my name is scrappy there
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-21-2007, 07:47 AM
scrappy scrappy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 20
Default Page for Gooder to see

Gooder I think what you needed help with was putting banners down the side of your page. if so I set up a forum to figure it out and I think this is what you wanted. the second page you will see if you are reading the post there is just a page I am messing around with thats the view forum page. so ignore that one. but look at the view topic and the index page. let me know if thats what your looking for. and also I will need a copy of your template (style) so let me know where you downloaded it from. Thanks Scrappy

the page is here
http://www.carbonpokerforums.com/phpBB2/index.php
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-21-2007, 07:58 AM
scrappy scrappy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 20
Default Xpert

I will start setting up the same forum i did the banner setup on for Gooder. The Karma mod I got seems to have some issues so i will find another or write the bad parts of the download thats out there again. I am not sure but from the message above some guy is accusing me of selling emails and stuff so i think thats it for me here. I dont need stuff like that attached to my name so the best thing to do would be to get me on my forum. www.bucknakedpoker.com i am the owner there user name is scrappy. also the page i am using to test php stuff on is http://www.carbonpokerforums.com/phpBB2/index.php so the offer stands if you need help.

Scrappy
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-21-2007, 08:03 AM
scrappy scrappy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 20
Default OK think its my bad

After reading the post above I realize the post wasnt addressed to me. Moderator please move both posts to an appropriate area. It gave me the impression I was selling personel info and i really dont want to be associated with stuff like that. Its a good way to get people not to trust my sites and gives me a bad name if someone else misunderstood..

Thank you, Scrappy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone want to share my forum with me? SImpson975 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-18-2007 04:25 AM
Forum Question JamieB34 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-15-2006 11:34 AM
Text Links, Domain Names & Forum Traffic available PokerProp The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 07-01-2006 09:19 PM
How many users to make a good forum? corpfan1 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 7 06-11-2006 09:51 PM
Best Forum Software GoodKarmaKid General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 12-01-2005 08:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0