Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Web Design Q&A Use this forum to discuss any web design questions or issues you may be having

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Catfish Catfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 97
Default Joomla component Community Builder vs. VBulletin

Hi,
anybody has any experience with the "Community Builder" component for Joomla ?
Haven't installed it yet, but since it's free, I'm thinking of using it instead of buying another license for VBulletin.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 PM
haynesey haynesey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Peterborough UK
Posts: 611
Send a message via AIM to haynesey Send a message via MSN to haynesey Send a message via Skype™ to haynesey
Default

I have tried using it before, on a old site of mine and found it extremely confusing.

I would seriously use VBulletin over Joomla. Although there are pro's and con's for both.
__________________
Poker Strategy Poker Advertising

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 473
Default

I once had a military housing community website that ran joomla with community builder and fireboard.

I found fireboard to be the best free forum for joomla and community builder fits right in.

Not a big fan of joomla, though.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-22-2007, 02:16 AM
Catfish Catfish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 97
Default community builder

I'll try it out. Installation seems to be rather tricky though. And I think I will try Wordpress CMS for my next website. It seems to have a lot of advantages over Joomly, especially SEO-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebrad View Post
I once had a military housing community website that ran joomla with community builder and fireboard.

I found fireboard to be the best free forum for joomla and community builder fits right in.

Not a big fan of joomla, though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2007, 04:17 AM
Randy Randy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,530
Default

Don't know anything about Joomla, but I sure do love vBulletin. I'd have to be really impressed with another software to consider switching.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joomla and vBulletin integration issues >>> PLEASE help!!! AceHigh Pino Web Design Q&A 7 09-08-2007 06:47 PM
Joomla SEO haynesey Search Engine Optimization 4 05-26-2007 04:02 PM
Ultimate Traffic and Backlink Builder Package! LadyHoldem Buy & Sell Advertising 4 05-14-2007 02:10 PM
Best way to learn Joomla? Nick997722 Web Design Q&A 2 11-07-2006 12:13 AM
PAW going to Vbulletin and other changes Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 12 06-04-2006 08:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0