Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Web Design Q&A Use this forum to discuss any web design questions or issues you may be having

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2007, 07:04 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 546
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Question Joomla and vBulletin integration issues >>> PLEASE help!!!

I started using Joomla for my new local website.

I had SMF Forums installed and used the SMF/Joomla Bridge to connect members, as well as to make it easier to login directly from the main page at GambleAZ.net (please forgive the lack of anything, I haven't exactly "committed" myself to it much lately, lol -- as you can probably tell!).

However, I was having issues with SMF and it not connecting to certain threads, including the Admin backend of SMF. I was getting your standard Error messages, including a "You Are Not Authorized To View This" message attached (I believe it was a 404 error?).

__________________________________________________

Anyways, just scrapped SMF and transferred the small Forum Member list to vBulletin -- and now I'm experiencing the same issues. Anytime I try to login (including from the main page, where apparently there is a similar "bridge" to link Joomla's CMS to vBulletin Forums), post a new thread, post a reply, and even log out, I get "Database Error" messages everywhere!

It's unusual, because any time I login, OR do any of the aforementioned things above -- I'll just go to the main page (GambleAZ.net) and then click on the "Forums" in the Navigation, and *poof* I'm logged in, can post, can reply, etc! I'm going crazy trying to figure out what's wrong.

To make things evern STRANGER, now I cannot login to Joomla Admin Panel! I don't know if the vBulletin thing might be affecting it in some way, but I know it was working an hour before my friend made the switch. Even he's stumped right now! Yay me, lol.
__________________________________________________


Is this common with a Joomla and vBulletin integration? Should I scrap Joomla and go strictly HTML again? I enjoy the template and the nice little add-ons and mods, but this hardly seems worth it to have all these errors all the time.

If someone knows what I'm doing wrong, please post something here. I really need some assistance being that this is the first time I've used vBulletin.

Figured this was just as good a place as any to post my issues....thanks again folks.

TJ
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2007, 10:25 AM
fastpony's Avatar
fastpony fastpony is offline
Let's go Buckey's
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 61
Default

Tj ~ Integrating Vb into Joomla's database (Properly) to share the same login / pass is sadly not easily accomplished.

Not sure who installed this for you but the best solution to marring joomla / Vb together comes from http://forum.bbpixel.com if that is not what you went with I'd suggestion removing the prior bridge and go with the above.


In the future 1.5 looks promising to have better capabilities to integrate Vb and more
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-07-2007, 11:35 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 546
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Email me later regarding this Tim, or get online for once! LOL. Thanks for the help -- I'll share it with my buddy who did the install. Any other suggestions folks?
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
GregK GregK is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,301
Default

I'd say ditch Joomla & run the whole site via VB!

Its a really powerful backend, totally capable & there are several homepage/portal mods for VB.

I think its what I going to do real soon myself, for a forum & private membership area.

Check it out
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-2007, 02:29 AM
NewPokerGirl's Avatar
NewPokerGirl NewPokerGirl is offline
Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 876
Default

If i've told you once, I've told you 1000 times....get rid of Joomla...get an html/php template...easily create the basic pages of your site...install VB with ease....and then you can focus on adding content and not trying to figure out joomla which takes atleast a masters degree in joomlaology...I know your slow but with my help you can master the basics of html in no time..lol j/k
__________________
Check out my detailed Carbon Poker review including information on the Carbon Poker promotions

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-2007, 05:45 AM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 546
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Thanks for the input everyone. For the time being, with this local project, I'm going with something basic and easy to update. I've scrapped the existing site and am just reloading everything -- I also got the right plugin to merge Joomla and vBulletin without it going donkdown like it did before.

I've already taken the steps necessary to learn HTML, and have a lot of resources and people to help me out once I'm comfortable enough with doing static pages. Thanks to a lot of good people here, as well as the many past contacts I've made in the industry, I'll always have someone or something to turn to whenever I buckle down and start doing raw coding for future projects.

Thanks for the kind words regardless, Nicole....

TJ
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2007, 12:06 PM
GregK GregK is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,301
Default

VB + free Portal Mod = forms for everything!
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-08-2007, 06:47 PM
AceHigh Pino's Avatar
AceHigh Pino AceHigh Pino is offline
The Constant Learner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 546
Send a message via AIM to AceHigh Pino Send a message via MSN to AceHigh Pino Send a message via Yahoo to AceHigh Pino
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
VB + free Portal Mod = forms for everything!
I wish it was free, lol. The "bridge" I purchased yesterday is supposed to be my savior for this vBulletin install -- so I'm really hoping everything is back to normal after the weekend, woot woot
__________________
"Givin much thanks to all the hustlers, and most importantly YOU, the customer" - Jay Z
  • Casino Arizona Poker Tournaments
  • Arizona Poker Forums
4Flush Gambling News Writer - Independent Freelancer (PM For Rates)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0