Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Web Design Q&A

Web Design Q&A Use this forum to discuss any web design questions or issues you may be having

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Nick997722 Nick997722 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Default Best way to learn Joomla?

Hello, I am looking at using Joomla for building out my CMS. I've got a fair bit of programming experience (my day gig is C# and ASP.NET programming) so hope I'll be able to pick it up pretty quick.

It looks like the user manual is a really good resource and likely sufficient for learning Joomla, any other suggestions for other / better places to start?

Also does anyone know of a good open-source .net based CMS? I've done some searching but haven't really found anything that appealed to me. I would want something that would work with mySql on the back-end as I wouldn't want to lay out the $$ for MS SQL Server.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

I found very few good ASP open sourced CMS's while searching in the past. The good ones all cost money.

If you want to learn joomla go to www.mambohut.com

Great site and even video tuts for just about everything. I quickly learned to do a lot with Mambo/Joomla.

The only ASP I have used was dotnuke. It's ok I guess. Not really what I wanted. I found Joomla way more suiting. You can pretty much customize Joomla to your own look and feel.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Nick997722 Nick997722 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5
Default

Sweet, thanks for the link! Looks like great tutorials... yeah from what I was able to find if you want something decent in the ASP world it seems ya gotta' "pay to play".
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Joomla and other Free Templates gder03 Web Design Q&A 4 07-28-2006 10:03 AM
Best way to learn SEO Brandon Search Engine Optimization 9 11-08-2005 04:46 PM
Tournament Monitor and Joomla CMS MilanFlyer General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 10-25-2005 03:45 AM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Learn to Deal Poker at a Professional Level J S The Spam Forum 2 03-17-2005 10:15 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0