Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-21-2006, 06:17 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default Deep Google Hits?

What do you guys think of the hits you get from keywords that are 5,6,7 or more pages deep in Google.

I tend to check all keyphrases from the SE they came from just to get an idea of how I rank for that term. I notice a few terms where I am on the 5th page or higher.

Do you think these are mostly other affilites or merketers? It's more strange that I can track a few signups/sales from these.

What do yu guys think of this.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!


Last edited by losercore : 12-21-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2006, 06:46 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,035
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

get adio to check this but you should never be more than 3 deep unless you are myspace or youtube. up to 100 links to a page before it screws the spiders up. Even if you where 7 deep & you used the correct anchor links I wouldnt see a problem with the quality of traffic
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 PM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,035
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Not reading correctly.......yes I think it is usually people stealing info from my site if they search too deeply. Some use the top 100 on google so you are still on the 1st page but I get 230 ranked & still get daily hits, I assume its competing sites
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default

I was kinda thinking that it was people looking for content. I'm on like page 3 for a big term and I still get a few hits a day for this. I was thinking it had to be other affiliates just checking out comp or looking for images or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmc
Not reading correctly.......yes I think it is usually people stealing info from my site if they search too deeply. Some use the top 100 on google so you are still on the 1st page but I get 230 ranked & still get daily hits, I assume its competing sites
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-22-2006, 03:28 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 526
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

If you see hits from anything after page 3 or more, you should build a page to specifically target that term. It shows there is potential in those keywords.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-22-2006, 09:28 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default

The funny thing is some of them are popular phrases and I can't figure out how someone would pass pokerlistings, pokerworks, pokersavvy and 30 others just to get a review from my page.

One example that I could contribute a sale to was the search for Mike Caro's Poker book. I was on page 3 and that same day got a sale from that book. (That's rare by the way) Just seemed odd to me when Amazon, who sold it to them anyway, was #1 and #2 and there where 30 other websites in front of me all keyword rich with this term and full of content. I guess it's just strange sometimes.

Maybe i'm higher up on some of Googles servers but still.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-22-2006, 09:32 AM
edmc edmc is offline
1000 Posts 2 many-RETIRED
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,035
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Nice Tip - Definately worth taking a closer look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0r
If you see hits from anything after page 3 or more, you should build a page to specifically target that term. It shows there is potential in those keywords.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 526
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

There is a tool called hittail (http://www.hittail.com/) where it logs all your referral search keywords and then builds a list of keywords that you can create pages for based on people who are digging deep down in SERPs for particular searches.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-22-2006, 09:53 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is online now
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 587
Default

I might be rare, but in I like to look a few pages deep when searching for some things. I sometimes view the few pages deep sites like "mom and pop" results compared to "big company" results on page 1. Now, that's not all the time, but sometimes there are some pretty nice targeted sites that you'll find 3 or 4 pages deep that just can't compete with the big sites with 1,000's of pages of content but have a great site.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-22-2006, 11:51 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0r
There is a tool called hittail (http://www.hittail.com/) where it logs all your referral search keywords and then builds a list of keywords that you can create pages for based on people who are digging deep down in SERPs for particular searches.
That is to the coolest tool yet. I just finished uploading afetr adding the code. It seems far better than Google Analytics for keyphrases at least.

Thnaks
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 12:10 AM
Finally...google hits me kaus Search Engine Optimization 9 01-26-2007 10:19 AM
Google takes a pounding after hours gumbajohnny The Cocktail Lounge 2 04-20-2006 04:44 PM
Google Sandbox daniels25 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 11-22-2005 10:58 PM
GOOGLE launched a new version of its toolbar today Ritch111 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 02-18-2005 01:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0