Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-29-2006, 12:39 AM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default SEO Newbie Question ?

Okay I've got SEO Elite

Now everyone is quoting PR ranks which I though was page ranks.

But what keywords are your PR ranks returned on? When someone quotes PR6 and they're from http://www.abcdefg.com site - is that for keyword "abcdefg" or what?

Firstly let me say I am committing the first seo crime or having my site on redirection - my site - http://www.ozpoker.net.au is redirected to http://ozpoker.proboards46.com/

I had alway intended on using proboards temporarily and then moving on to the main site but the probaords site has grown so much and to be honest it looks reasonably good now and is easy to use so I'm not sure I will move any time soon.

The problem is I am always going to struggle with google as they hate proboards sites and I have most of my links to the www.ozpoker.net.au as the proboards address looks amateurish ( I am, I admit it ) and is difficult to remember.

But using SEO Elite for keywords "oz poker", "oz poker league" and "ozpoker" I am rank "1" at altavista for ozpoker.net.au and rank 3 at google for "oz poker league" on ozpoker.proboards46.com

It doesn't say anything about page numbers and if you search it is literally 1 in the list or 6 in the list.

Anyone care to help an idiot understand?
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites

Last edited by Ozpoker : 11-29-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-29-2006, 04:06 AM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,699
Default

Page rank isn't how a page ranks in the search results. It's a number on the Google toolbar. Download it and you'll see: http://toolbar.google.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-29-2006, 10:54 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpoker
But using SEO Elite for keywords "oz poker", "oz poker league" and "ozpoker" I am rank "1" at altavista for ozpoker.net.au and rank 3 at google for "oz poker league" on ozpoker.proboards46.com
In addition, I would concentrate on trying to rank for some more popular keyword terms. I can't imagine many people are searching for ozpoker in the grand scheme of keyword phrases. You will have to branch out your keyword targeting.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default

so let me get this right - this is some sort of google toolbar thing?

And when people say they are PR"x" and then don't offer what the keyword is that they rank that for does'nt really mean that much - it could be any highly selective keyword ? - is that right ?

Obviously the goal then is to rank highly for popular keywords in your niche market ? - so for mine it would be "australian poker" or "aussie poker" or some of the sites we promote?

And the holy grail would be "poker bonus codes" or similar?
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,522
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Oz have you been able to submit a sitemap using your proboard? Its the only thing I am having difficulty with.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,699
Default

Ozpoker, pagerank has nothing to do with ranking for any term. As I said, if you install the google toolbar you will see what it is. Very roughly, PR represents the link power of a web page.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Ozpoker's Avatar
Ozpoker Ozpoker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 175
Default

Kaus

No not yet - but I haven't put much effort in to it either.

Maybe some of the guru's here could tell us how to make it work ?


PPP

I tried - this is an old NT and I can't install

I will install on the other tonight and hopefully it will all make sense.

Cheers
__________________

Australian Poker Forum
PNews Cup Freerolls
Australian Online Poker
Nuts Poker
Australia Poker Open Satellites
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie question icasinoreview New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-24-2007 10:36 AM
Newbie Tracking link Question Lt.Rummy New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 2 03-16-2007 03:11 PM
Newbie Question haynesey Search Engine Optimization 5 11-10-2006 05:19 AM
Newbie Question darkmanx1209 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-01-2006 01:33 AM
Newbie Question. Might get flamed but... PokerNoob General Poker Affiliate Discussion 17 08-17-2006 08:40 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0