Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > General Poker Affiliate Discussion

General Poker Affiliate Discussion The Largest Poker Affiliate Forum in The World. Poker Affiliates, Discuss Poker Affiliate Programs and issues facing the Poker Affiliate Industry Here!

Closed Thread
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2006, 11:44 PM
PokerNoob PokerNoob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Default Newbie Question. Might get flamed but...

I got a question. Lets say I make an informative poker webpage and pokersite links.

I make a fulltilt /bodog/partypoker play table accounts and go to the play tables and "SPAM" people to look at my webpage.

Lets say I continually do this for 5 years. Is there any legal trouble the site can take on me? Or do I have the right to spam at that table if I take a seat at the table?
  #2  
Old 08-17-2006, 12:09 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,275
Default

Your poker account will get closed before you have the chance to make it past day two. Poker Rooms are always on the look out.
__________________
Buying links in content (sites 1 year or older). PM me if you are interested.
  #3  
Old 08-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Brandon's Avatar
Brandon Brandon is offline
Affiliate Manager - Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 2,186
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon
Default

Its just unethical, and instead of using the time on that, spend time making your site better. It will really payoff a lot more
__________________
Brandon Berndt
Affiliate Program Director
ChanPoker.com
ChanPoker Affiliate Program *NOW LIVE*
Skype: BrandonBerndt
Msn:
AIM: BrandonBerndt
  #4  
Old 08-17-2006, 12:21 AM
PokerNoob PokerNoob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Default

See, here is the deal. I get about $500 a month if i constantly spam on the pokersites. I been doing it for over year now with a lot of luck and no banning of my account.

If I dont spam my account I dont make a dime. See my problem? I know its not ethical, but its $500 a month lol. My question is more of the legal sense. I know the pokersites have probably recieved tons of complaints by now, but they chose to do nothing.
  #5  
Old 08-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,264
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

Yea they probably haven't done much yet, and that is a fault of the poker site.

For each their own in internet marketing, but to be honest with you, this is a community of hard working affiliates that for the most part everyone does our jobs in an ethical manner. We bust our ass marketing, building lists, doing SEO, and doing conventional internet marketing to send poker sites new players.

No offense, but you're probably not going to get a warm reception or be very welcome in this community.

So basically you have come to a poker affiliate community to tell us that you're trying to directly cherry pick our players off the sites and bring them to other sites under your tracker?

I am pretty sure every poker affiliate and poker affiliate manager here thinks you're an idiot.
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 08-17-2006 at 01:01 AM.
  #6  
Old 08-17-2006, 01:17 AM
PokerNoob PokerNoob is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Default

From your own quote, ""There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one.", well I found the fastest, simpliest, most efficient method to get referrals. So you can call me lazy or unethical and I will agree with you, but to call me and idiot just screams of your jealously.

So think about it logically, you are trying to find poker players who want to sign up to play online poker. What better place then play tables?
It just screams of good business sense to target them.
  #7  
Old 08-17-2006, 01:34 AM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
Default

It's people like you that steal our hard earned players from us by offering rakeback or deposit bonuses to our players.

However, PLAY TABLES shouldn't matter quite as much, although fake money players do convert at a low rate still. Where do you think all of the real money players began?
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
  #8  
Old 08-17-2006, 01:43 AM
indieangler indieangler is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 489
Send a message via AIM to indieangler Send a message via MSN to indieangler
Default

"So you can call me lazy or unethical and I will agree with you, but to call me and idiot just screams of your jealously."

I'd wager about a gazillion dollars that Jeremy isn't jealous of you in ANY way, shape, or form. Don't piss off the wrong people in this industry.

Oh....and......learn how to spell.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
  #9  
Old 08-17-2006, 01:58 AM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,275
Default

The effort and time you're spending spamming the rooms would be better spent promoting in a different way. Save that money and start something legit.

You want to make money when you're not working. Hence when you stop spamming you make no money. People here could go months without touching their sites and still make 6 figures.

Later
__________________
Buying links in content (sites 1 year or older). PM me if you are interested.
  #10  
Old 08-17-2006, 02:15 AM
Jeremy's Avatar
Jeremy Jeremy is online now
PAW Staff
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,264
Send a message via Skype™ to Jeremy
Default

I really have no need to get in a pissing match with a spammer but:

Quote:
I get about $500 a month if i constantly spam on the pokersites
Congratulations on your $6K per year income. I can say with 100% accuracy that I am not jealous. You sir are not very intelligent and when I wake up tommorow I'll probably ban your account just on principal. Next time you should at least lie and inflate the number a bit so you don't look like such an idiot.

Furthermore your I.P. address is 68.102.31.144. I hope every poker operator reads this and bans it so that you stop stealing players off their networks. Cheers

Jeremy
__________________
My Poker Affiliate Blog - Be Entertained

"There's a million ways to make a million dollars, you only have to find one."

"The harder I work, the luckier I get."

Last edited by Jeremy : 08-17-2006 at 02:37 AM.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie question icasinoreview New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-24-2007 10:36 AM
SEO Newbie Question ? Ozpoker Search Engine Optimization 6 11-29-2006 11:16 PM
Newbie Question haynesey Search Engine Optimization 5 11-10-2006 05:19 AM
newbie question Gnomic New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 5 10-31-2006 12:00 AM
Newbie Question darkmanx1209 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 09-01-2006 01:33 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0