Quote:
| What about CMS's that use "+" |
That's a really good question actually. I have wondered about this as well as PAW has + signs. Although I agree that perhaps the - or _ may be better, I question how big of a difference it actually makes when you provide solid fresh content and constantly add good backlinks.
My concern would be changing the entire CMS to substitute the + with a new sign. I think it could probably cause way more damage than good. I have a + CMS and I will be the first to say we get hundreds of google hits each day on these pages from the content on the pages and not the title or URL.
I guess it's a catch 22 but in my opinion if you are doing the fundamentals of adding content, inner linking, clean html, and gaining external links from quality sites and pages, I don't think it is going to make a tremendous difference either way if you use a _, -, or +.
Just my 2 cents, but again I don't claim to be an SEO expert.