| Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here. |
 06-12-2006, 11:54 AM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 984
|
|
MySpace PR - worth a damn?
I've noticed that even very new pages on MySpace are getting crazy PR. My wife has one for professional networking and it's already a damn 7! It's only a few months old too.
I've never messed with MS, so is it worth it to build a page and use it for SEO?
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
|
 06-12-2006, 01:03 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 528
|
|
No... if that page is full of variables you're probably just seeing myspace's homepage (or other important page) PR for that page.
|
 06-13-2006, 02:36 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 484
|
|
Yeah I'm pretty sure a link from that kind of PR site won't do much for you.
__________________
Blackjack Strategy
|
 06-15-2006, 11:07 PM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,279
|
|
If you put the links in the right place it can help. I have some links on MS and they show high in google. Google points to the myspace page but ir does help.
Put good links on peoples comments. Just text no images. This will get noticed by Google 
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!
|
 06-16-2006, 09:56 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 35
|
|
i tried promotoing a non poker site on myspace.....in my opinion waste of time, alot of people will delete your comments or not add strangers as afriends, so basically alot of time put in for not that many clicks.
|
 06-16-2006, 10:08 AM
|
|
Senior Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,279
|
|
Quote:
|
Originally Posted by mhossa
i tried promotoing a non poker site on myspace.....in my opinion waste of time, alot of people will delete your comments or not add strangers as afriends, so basically alot of time put in for not that many clicks.
|
I agree that promoting poker rooms on MS is a waste. You just need some extra links though. Try to come off as a regular person and not some marketing a-hole. Don't spend too much time there. You just might be advertising a poker site to a 13 year old. Now that's a waste. If it's just to raise your links then give it a shot. One campain I did about 500 comment links and noticed a raise in goole shortly there after. Just gotta have good keywords.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "
But while playing online poker at Full Tilt Poker I use a Full Tilt Bonus Code to get a sign up deposit bonus. Duh!
|
 06-23-2006, 11:45 PM
|
|
Promoter
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 148
|
|
Another view of MySpace
I have had much success sending players to various rooms from MySpace, and I have only been marketing for less than a month. I believe it is common or popular to say that MySpace is a waste of marketing time. Conversely, I believe a different approach, combined with a business plan that accounts for retention and market optimization, can be sucessful.
Specifically, I started a website where I have forums and satellites for a main event for MySpace and other "friend" sites. This business plan allows me to retain members, as opposed to having few visitors to one of 83 million member pages. I give my members a reason to return with passwords for satellites and prizes. I believe this marketing idea is the only one with any lasting value in this type of venue.
Of the MySpace pages I have viewed, the pages that are promoting poker are banner farms or have text you can't even read. When I am browsing any web page, I am attracted to the ones that visually stimulating and interesting. You won't set yourself apart by looking like everyone else.
In less than a month, I have accumulated just under 450 members, have hosted satellite events, and have driven over 300 sign-ups and the three sites I am promoting. I recently had to change the name of the site for legal issues, which I thought would slow the site down, but I still added new members. After I re-design the site, I will use the same marketing strategy to add thousands of friends and get in front of each one of them.
I really don't mind if this seems unreasonable because I'm not asking for competition. But before you decide that a marketing plan is not profitable, I think you should look at it from different angles. You might miss some excellent opportunities will negative thinking and misinformation.
__________________
Meditation brings wisdom, lack of meditation leaves ignorance...Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back - The Buddha
|
 06-26-2006, 11:38 AM
|
|
Resident High Roller
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 984
|
|
So Steven, are you talking about MSPokerChallenge?
I agree with your comments about approaching it with a business plan. I'm not talking about setting up a banner farm but rather a 'personality' hosting a myspace page.
__________________
P2P Lending, great affiliate program!
|
 06-29-2006, 01:13 AM
|
|
Promoter
|
|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 148
|
|
Georgia...
Yes...I am speaking about MSPokerchallenge, soon to be renamed due to some legal issues with MySpace! Regardless, it is very cheap to market and you can get in front of a lot of people. Everytime I send a bulletin on MySpace, it reached 10,000+ people, which of course, is FREE. I am not exactly sure how many people I've sent this month to FullTilt, but I believe it's close to 100-150, and around 30 real money players. And that's only one of the sites I have promote on the site. I am truly amazed at the growth of the site and our MySpace pages.
I do believe putting a "personality" on your MySpace page is a great idea. It will draw people to your page, because most people browse profiles by attractive people (I know I do). We have just started that "personality" approach at our website, instead of the poker challenge main event icon as the viewable picture.
Good luck Georgia!!!
__________________
Meditation brings wisdom, lack of meditation leaves ignorance...Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back - The Buddha
|
 07-03-2006, 12:15 PM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 35
|
|
so what about backlinks on myspace, they wont hurt your pr will they?
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is On
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.
|