Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 958
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

I just found two nice poker keywords, both win 300 searches a month on overture, and the results show less than 100,000. Considering these numbers, would you attack these keywords for some internal pages?
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

this is a great question, I would love to hear PPP's thoughts on this.
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 04:07 PM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ppokyh@Jan 13 2006, 03:55 PM
I just found two nice poker keywords, both win 300 searches a month on overture, and the results show less than 100,000. Considering these numbers, would you attack these keywords for some internal pages?
What are the keywords ?


: )
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 958
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

I'll tell you what Jeremy always says - "think outside the box"
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 05:10 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 218
Default

Hmmm... "poker box"? ;

BTW, hat are some good and free ways to research keywords besides overture?
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 958
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Send a message via Skype™ to Kyle
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by pokerguy@Jan 13 2006, 07:10 PM
Hmmm... "poker box"? ;

BTW, hat are some good and free ways to research keywords besides overture?
go to goodkeywords.com and download the software its free
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 05:24 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 218
Default

Free?

Well, gosh I can never turn that down. Thanks! :lol:
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 01-13-2006, 06:27 PM
2ndServe 2ndServe is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 13
Default

I was using overture until lots of people in the industry advised me to stay away. Im finding thier results to be inaccurate when I cross check them with other keyword tools. I hear rave reviews about keyword discovery but haven't tried it yet. Think it has a $35 monthly subscription. I've been using wordtracker lately and it works well for what I need. You can subscribe just for 3 days for $7-$8. Here is a free site that gives you a feel for keyword discovery. Niche Bot
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 01-15-2006, 08:40 AM
2ndServe 2ndServe is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 13
Default

I tested keyword discovery and really liked it. It's actually $50 for a 1 month subscription. I'm pretty much done with my keyword research for now. Got enough data to last me months. I'm willing to download keyword data for anyone who gives me a link to a site I'm going live with in the next week. I also send you a great article on how to analyze the date to determine how competitive each keyword is. I'm pretty busy so I'll try and help anyone who asks. Really depends on how many requests I get. Just PM me the site you will link from and the keywords you want researched. I send you a spreadsheet 100s of sub keywords. Just dont send me something like POKER. Thats too general a term. Here is how the date is presented:

Query------Searches-----Occurrences-----KEI------Daily
Keyword---1050119------329000----------25.158---23975
Reply With Quote
  #10   Spam Kill
Old 01-15-2006, 01:30 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,502
Default

Overture is the only tool that matters. In answer to the original question, maybe I'm missing the point but the answer "sure" is all I can think of.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Keyword question for all you seo gurus the27offsuit.com Search Engine Optimization 10 01-14-2007 09:36 AM
Yahoo keyword tool grrrr hoursurfing Search Engine Optimization 1 11-26-2006 08:05 PM
Keyword ranking tool out there? epsilionflow Search Engine Optimization 2 10-08-2006 10:07 PM
Keyword Research Kyle Search Engine Optimization 1 02-14-2006 02:03 PM
Niche Keyword Targeting 2ndServe Search Engine Optimization 2 01-11-2006 03:43 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0