News Forums buy my book Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > Search Engine Optimization

Search Engine Optimization Better rankings in the search engines mean more money in our bank accounts. Share tips and strategies for SEO here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 964
Default Keyword question for all you seo gurus

Heres 2 examples , will they both be as effective

"Poker Room Reviews , Poker Bonuses , Poker Bonus Codes , Poker Codes , Online Poker "

Or would it be better to use each word once like below

" Poker , Room Reviews , Bonuses , Bonus , Codes , Online "
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Not a Player but like to talk gambling , then come visit our Poker Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 444
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

If you're talking about meta keywords, it's hardly used but I'd say the second is better.

If you're talking about onpage text, I'd say number 1 even though it looks pretty spammy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 AM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 964
Default

Was talking about meta keywords .

Didnt know if the main key word Poker , was to be put before each term or if listed once it counted for all of them

If i use the meta keyword , Poker , Bonus , Codes would it count as also Poker bonuses , and poker codes
__________________
Poker Players are your from the USA ,Find out what Poker Rooms Allow US Players , or come by and see what sites are running 2007 Wsop Satellites. Maybe poker is not your game so come see what Casinos Allow US Players. Not a Player but like to talk gambling , then come visit our Poker Forum.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-10-2007, 12:35 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Poker For Free
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 68
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

First of all, meta tags aren't that important, but always recommended.If you don't have them, then a simmilar site who has them will beat yours.

Second, and I hope more will reply to this thread because I am not positive about this, I believe that you should go for phrases, instead of keywords.

This is at least what I came up with after some research, but then again I have also read articles where they recommended using spaces instead of comma's between the single words.


Anyway, a check on some sites that come up first tells me that phrases should be right, since they also use this.

Anyone?
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

NBA Live Leagues
Online Pokeren
Poker Chips
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-10-2007, 12:51 PM
pokerforfree pokerforfree is offline
Poker For Free
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Posts: 68
Send a message via AIM to pokerforfree
Default

I found this meta tag generator, and here's a quote:

http://www.abakus-internet-marketing...g/metatag2.php

Quote:
Enter here your keywords with or without commas (personal choice).
__________________
My Personal Stuff:

NBA Live Leagues
Online Pokeren
Poker Chips
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-10-2007, 01:19 PM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 416
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerforfree
Second, and I hope more will reply to this thread because I am not positive about this, I believe that you should go for phrases, instead of keywords.

I have to agree with this. I have been shuffling around with a lot of meta tags. Im not aiming for any highly competitive keyphrases so a few tweaks usually gets me to the 1st page in google & lets me know what I am doing right or wrong within days of the alteration.

1) select your keyphrase.

2) Ensure it is in your title

3) Ensure it is in your meta description

4) Try to slot it into the start & end of your page content & a little elsewhere.

5) Put it into an h1 tag (This just shows it up in larger writing & in bold. This points out the importance of the phrase to google)

6) when sending out links, ensure the phrase is used as your anchor text. ie when someone clicks your link, they will be clicking on the phrase instead of a "click here"


Im sure there are more ways to improve your position in the rankings but this method works.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-11-2007, 03:00 AM
scottmc scottmc is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 20
Default

From what I understand search engines place little (eg yahoo, msn) or no (eg Google) value on meta keywords. I have seen both methods, by word or by phrase, in the top rankings of Yahoo which seems to weight meta keywords the most.
__________________
Poker
Please PM to inquire about link exchanges, article writing or simple web tools written in PHP.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 341
Default

From my experience the meta keyword do not matter much (if at all) to Google. They matter some with Yahoo and a lot with MSN. This is only from my personal experience. I’ve been able to get #1 listings for targeted keywords with MSN in a week or two from a new site being created. I get these results by simply using the Meta keywords a few times in the page content, placing them in an H1 tag and using them in my title and description. MSN seems to love this, or I would assume they do because I’ve been able to get top results for lots of terms with MSN using this.
I’m not really sure how Yahoo works. I see often with new sites I created within a week or two:
Example Key Word A
MSN #1
Yahoo #15
Google: Not in top 100

So with Meta I can really only comment for MSN. With them #1 would get the better results.
__________________
"Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit." - Napoleon Hill
  • Add your listing for free to PR5 Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
edmc edmc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 416
Send a message via Yahoo to edmc
Default

i hardly get anything from msn, get a few from yahoo but most from google & from my experience the tags make a big difference. I dont know if the keywords make much of a difference but it definately makes a difference having them in the page title & description
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-11-2007, 01:44 PM
boarderman23 boarderman23 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 87
Send a message via AIM to boarderman23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the27offsuit.com
Heres 2 examples , will they both be as effective

"Poker Room Reviews , Poker Bonuses , Poker Bonus Codes , Poker Codes , Online Poker "

Or would it be better to use each word once like below

" Poker , Room Reviews , Bonuses , Bonus , Codes , Online "

I would go with the first ones. Whatever your main term is for your page, make sure you have the exact keyword term listed in the meta keyword, description, and of course the title.

Here is a tool that I think may help: http://www.instantposition.com/seotest.php
__________________
Sit N Go, N Win! Affiliate Page - Promote this high converting e-book on you site today!

7.41% CONVERSION RATE!! - send us traffic, we will convert it!

--Take 5 minutes out of your work schedule to send one of our pre-written, high converting e-mails to your list and start making easy money as we speak! - $44/sale...you do the math
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legallity Question aussiepoker General Poker Affiliate Discussion 16 01-14-2007 05:39 PM
Keyword Research Kyle Search Engine Optimization 1 02-14-2006 03:03 PM
Niche Keyword Targeting 2ndServe Search Engine Optimization 2 01-11-2006 04:43 PM
keyword and meta question the27offsuit.com Search Engine Optimization 1 10-21-2005 05:25 PM
Hello // Full Tilt Conversion Question PKing General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 05-23-2005 04:10 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Casino Affiliate Forum

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0