Alt tags on common images bad?
On my site I have a number of bullet point images in the navigation that have the alt tag 'bullet'. I was just checking a keyword density tool and I noticed that the keyword density for phrases like 'bullet bullet bullet' far surpass any other poker related keyword on my site.
So anyways, I went to google and typed in some competitive keywords that I rank okay for with the word 'bullet' after them. It turns out that I am #1 for these term (not beenficial at all, just a test).
Now my question is; is the presence of such a high number of 'bullet' words that google picks up over-competing for keywords that I actually want to rank well for? Because in the keyword density tool, the phrase 'bullet bullet bullet' comes up 3.44% of the time whilst the nearest actual key phrase is coming up about 0.62% of the time.
So in general, is it in my best interest to not have alt tags for such commonly recurring images that are of no benefit to the user? And also, do you anticipate that the presence of these alt tags effect your position in serps?
Thanks in advance.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
|