Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > The Poker Affiliate Exchange

The Poker Affiliate Exchange Have something you want to sell or trade, i.e. domains, websites, poker stuff? Have Fun.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2006, 01:00 PM
DonkeyFishPoker DonkeyFishPoker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 36
Default 50,000 Poker e-mails for sale

Throughout the last few years I have been able to obtain over 50,000 e-mails from poker players. Some were obtained at charity poker tournaments, others from home games, but most are from players who play online. Seeing as how some are as much as 3 years old, there will be a small chunk that won't work, but the vast majority would provide you with a direct avenue to a lot poker players. This list has never been sold before and most of them have never been e-mailed by me before. Just looking to see how much interest there would be in securing this list. PM me with any questions.

-DFP
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-20-2006, 01:07 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,544
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Just out of general curiosity couple of questions


1. Is this of normal practise with affiliates to sell email lists
2. Say someone purchases this and does email them would that also not be considered spamming them as they have not given thier consent to recieve emails from that person?
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2006, 01:24 PM
the27offsuit.com the27offsuit.com is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,298
Default

It would be considered spam ifhe sells them
__________________
Play Online Poker Now . There are a lot of Poker Rooms Accepting US Players and you can qualify for free to the 2008 WSOP . If your a casino player be sure to see the Casinos allowing USA players . Not from America then get the top PartyPoker Bonuscode , Finally if your a promoter see our Poker Affiliate Programs and Casino Affiliate Programs
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Georgia Poker Georgia Poker is offline
Resident High Roller
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,019
Default

I have to admit, I've sold a few lists in the past and it's tough to get people to opt-in to a list the second go round. Email lists just aren't as valuable as they once were.

In fact, the last list I sold only garnered 20 subscribers out of 800 or so on the list. It was a very targeted list as well that was opt-in and managed by Aweber.
__________________
Top 50 ranking coming soon - Bow down bitches
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
DonkeyFishPoker DonkeyFishPoker is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 36
Default

This is the first time I've ever done this so I'm definately not an expert on the matter. And ad far as the list being used, it really hasn't been. I did not get these e-mails from affiliates! I few small send outs here and there to select parts of the list, but there are at least 25,000 - 35,000 that have never been e-mailed to my knowledge.

I'm also not trying to get anyone in trouble for spamming. Like I said, I'm new to this whole deal and just trying to see if there is an interest. If this practice is considered wrong or immoral, then I will pull the offer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM
kaus kaus is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,544
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Personally in my opinon I believe it to be wrong and very unethical. These people gave you there email address under confidence which is a privledge for you to have. For you to sell this this to anyone without asking thier consent to me is underhanded . I doubt they would approve of you doing this. I would be very upset if my personal information was given out to anyone to just do with what they please. Again this is my personal opinon, but good luck to you
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 PM
freydaddy's Avatar
freydaddy freydaddy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toledo,Ohio
Posts: 621
Send a message via AIM to freydaddy Send a message via MSN to freydaddy Send a message via Yahoo to freydaddy Send a message via Skype™ to freydaddy
Default

Not to mention if it were to become viral, i.e the person you sell to, turns around and also sells the list, and so on and so on...
__________________
Complete Website Designs
Custom Banner Designs

Contact Me:
MSN:
AOL: freydaddy08
Yahoo: freydaddy08
Skype: freydaddy
By Email:



Eric
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-20-2006, 07:31 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,576
Default

You can get sued if you didn't disclose a privacy policy to these subscibers telling them that their informatino may be sold to 3rd party businesses.

Quote:
In fact, the last list I sold only garnered 20 subscribers out of 800 or so on the list. It was a very targeted list as well that was opt-in and managed by Aweber.
That was me

Aweber made them all opt-in again, so I made a good "re-opt-in" email and very few did it.
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-20-2006, 07:38 PM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freydaddy
Not to mention if it were to become viral, i.e the person you sell to, turns around and also sells the list, and so on and so on...
Best point yet. It's not like when you sell this information you no longer have access to it. In other words you yourself could sell the same list 100 times to 100 marketers and each of them could sell the 100 more times and all still have the same list.

Now you have a bunch of potential poker players changing their emails because of all the SPAM.

I know this type of thing is done but I have to disagree with it in most cases.
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-21-2006, 01:01 AM
PokerProp PokerProp is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 709
Default

I've been in the leads business a long time. If 20 people out of 800 reopt into an email it generally means it was a very good qualified list.
I generated leads for another industry which sell for $25 each. Only 5% will re-opt into the email and about 20% are receptive to phone calls.
Talking online poker industry 2.5% re-opt in is extremely good. With this considered people buying email leads need to realize they do not have a very high value. Don't expect to get 2.5% on many lists.

I almost invented email spam. I started doing it in 1995 and it caught on big time once MSN dial up launched. I haven't done email spam in well over 5 years because it’s not really worth it anymore. Back then I could get 8% response on pure spam with a product that had a wide interest. When I stopped Spamming in 2001 I couldn’t even get ¼% response rate.
__________________
80% WPX Rakeback - Use Bonus Code WPX80
  • Add your listing for free to our Poker Directory
  • Get up to 165% Rakeback as a poker prop player
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article on the Poker Ban you can use on your sites Zilla The Poker Affiliate Exchange 3 10-15-2007 04:00 AM
Free content - Poker Profiles Kyle The Poker Affiliate Exchange 0 02-27-2006 11:10 AM
Writers Wanted adioking The Poker Affiliate Exchange 7 01-20-2006 04:19 PM
my key word dropped 60 spots in google! freepp General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 06-16-2005 11:13 PM
Linker Tracker Problem mitchtam General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 03-26-2005 11:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0