Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate World Sponsored Programs - Poker Affiliate Programs > PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners

PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners PartyPoker.com is a member of the PAW network and offers $125 CPA's. Discuss PartyPoker.com's Affiliate Program with us in these forums.

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-07-2006, 08:54 AM
MaxGuavera MaxGuavera is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
Default Negotiating higher CPA rate with Party AM? PP affilate advice would be appreciated.

Hi guys,

I started as an affiliate with Party in June, and signed 41 RMP's that month. During July, no Bonanza was offered by AM, but somehow had 4 RMP's spillover to Party. During August, a Bonanza was offered on about the 19th of the month, so I diverted my traffic to Party, and had 17 RMP's. In short, 62 RMP's from ~40 days of exposure.

In June my AM told me that I should hold off on signing anymore RMP's and that I should sign no more than 20 (suspect re: fraud or something perhaps?) until July, and that I would be offered a higher bonanza rate then. I farmed off the rest of my traffic to another affiliate, as I didn't want to waste said traffic.

I was told the following (cutdown, obviously):

Quote:
Yes if the players you sign up play often and the players you have signed up are legitimate you will receive much better commission on top of your affiliate commission for next month and it will keep on going up.
Hence, that’s why we are all about sharing success if you sign up good value players you get looked after. So that’s why I have told you to keep the rest of the players for next month to sign up.

and in another email:


Quote:
For example you are getting $500 for signing up 15 players but next month you would get $650 to $700 for signing up 15 players.
I haven't received any followup offers/emails, other than the standard mass mailings. Any suggestions as how best to broach this subject with Party, and who I would be best to speak to? During July, I was farmed off to another AM.

I have considered changing over to a revenue share model, however after hearing some horror stories from various affiliates re: MGR issues like "losing players", and the whole nightmare story re: Empire, I think I'll stick with CPA.

Given that I'm a rather small fish, as I imagine most of you would be achieving several hundred RMP's per month, perhaps you could offer me some advice. Was I really just being coaxed a little, and should I be waiting until im hitting three digit RMP signups per month?

Also curious to hear what sort of penetration rates you guys are getting, and if we can find out what the quality of our players are like.

After reading here, looks like there are some horror stories re: affiliates signing up poor quality players who are not generating rake greater than affiliate payments and player bonuses paid, that their payment is withheld. Are there any real guidelines which PP follow, or any feedback they give us?

Any assistance or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by MaxGuavera : 09-07-2006 at 09:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-07-2006, 04:48 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

Bonanza payments are not "negotiating higher CPA rate" with Party. In fact, it is close to the opposite. If you are serious about getting a good deal with them, forget the bonanza nonsense. Set out to get a good base rate with them, so then you get paid the same per player whether you send 14 or 16 players, instead of some bonanza kicking in at 15.

I doubt you'll have too much success at this point though since you don't have much of a track record and it isn't a very good one. They aren't likely to want to do much business wit someone who pulls exposure on the first of a month because a bonanza is over. Show them something, then expect that they show you something.

Quality of players is a whole different consideration. If you send shitty players, they won't be interested in doing much with you.

CPA rates can go up due for quality or quantity reasons.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-2006, 09:48 AM
MaxGuavera MaxGuavera is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18
Default

How is one meant to know what the quality of players is like though?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,695
Default

You find that out by negotiating. You of course also can know based on the type of site or promotion you have done to generate these players.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
party bs cavaliers09 PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 9 01-03-2006 11:49 PM
Party Poker Points Expired....... Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 12-27-2005 10:12 AM
Party Poker New Software... adioking General Poker Affiliate Discussion 1 07-15-2005 02:31 PM
Party Poker - Bonus Code Problem Poker Coach General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 05-27-2005 07:55 PM
Higher Commission Rate? dudeman General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 05-11-2005 12:47 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0