| PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners PartyPoker.com is a member of the PAW network and offers $125 CPA's. Discuss PartyPoker.com's Affiliate Program with us in these forums. |
 06-01-2007, 12:42 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 370
|
|
Nice to see this from Party
Important Notice - Multiple player accounts
Posted by Affiliate Team @ 11:57 am
PartyPartners is committed to ensure that affiliates are suitably rewarded for the players they refer and do not have any incentive to migrate players away from other affiliates. With effect from 1st June 2007, we are making system changes to ensure that there is no financial incentive for affiliates to “poach” players from other affiliates. Any player who creates an account on any of our brands starting 1st June 2007 and has had an account with us before will not be eligible as a Real Money Player and will not contribute to affiliate accruals. This is in line with clause 2.17 of the affiliate agreement which specifically defines a Real Money player as somebody who has not been a player with us before. In line with our affiliate terms and conditions, we reserve the right to deduct monies for any players referred by you before 1st June if they already had an account with us.
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager or email us at
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
|
 06-02-2007, 01:20 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,626
|
|
Sounds great.
|
 06-02-2007, 02:51 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 81
|
|

I don't like this - the new terms suggest that if I send a player to party bingo from my Bingo site and that player has an account with partypoker than I get no credit for the player because that person already has an account on one of their other brands (partypoker)
What really sucks is that there is no mention that the previous account has to be a real money account because they don't define a real money player as somebody who has deposited. According to their terms, if they've opened an account than they are a real money player...they should at least ad "and has made the minimum required deposit"
Also, if I bring in a player to the casino and they're already tagged to an affiliate for poker, will the existing affiliate get the signup or does nobody get it? - I don't want to promote their casinos, bingo, backgammon, etc.. and have my work credited to somebody else.
Hopefully I'm wrong and this is just poorly worded because if it's not than this is bad for affiliates...at least the way that I read it. Hopefully somebody from party can clarify this.
|
 06-02-2007, 03:00 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,626
|
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffvro
What really sucks is that there is no mention that the previous account has to be a real money account because they don't define a real money player as somebody who has deposited.
|
That's a very good thing since it protects affiliates where the cardroom might not care. Poaching play money players is just as bad to affiliates as poaching real money players, even if cardrooms care more about real money players since they don't want to pay multiple bonuses.
If that's the correct interpretation, this is very good news.
|
 06-02-2007, 03:37 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 81
|
|
I understand your point PPP, but if I refer a depositing player that is not tagged to any affiliate than I should get credit for it. I don't like the idea of being denied commission just because they already have a play money account or an account on a different brand.
I can refer fifty people to their casino, bingo, or backgammon sites and get nothing if they already have a poker account - even if they have never deposited, and are not tagged to an affiliate. Partypartners essentially considers that account theirs now.
... and christ who doesn't have a partypoker account.
That's just how I read the new terms, and always just my two cents
|
 06-02-2007, 04:13 AM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,626
|
|
Your point here is a good one, and the text i suppose can be read both ways. Obviously the emphasis on poaching is there at the beginning, but not specifically in the later sentences. The implication is they are talking about players already tacked to other affiliates, but some of the individual sentences don't make that plain, so another clarifying sentence would seem appropriate.
|
 06-04-2007, 04:05 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 458
|
|
So is everyones account going to be under investigation for a few days?
Mine cashier account all of the sudden is under investigation, and my only guess would be that they are checking for players with multiple accounts???
I mean, if someone clicks on my banner and makes an account, and I get credit for them, but they had an account from a long time ago or something how is that going to be handled?
|
 06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 392
|
|
Did you write in about it, I heard that many people are saying the same thing. Maybe it will just go away but itself, you suggest people write in about it?
|
 06-06-2007, 08:09 PM
|
|
Members
|
|
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 458
|
|
yeah at this point my aff manager did respond to me and said that they have completed their investigation and that some of my traffic was "fraudulent" so they will be deducting it from my may earnings, but they gave me no indication of how much that would be. At this point my cashier account is still under investigation and I have no money in there. If its a few hundred bucks thats one thing, but one large player could have me commisionless for months if I am following it correctly!
I understand the need to stop multiple accounts, and am totally for it, but it seems like quite a few people might really get screwed for a long time for something they had no control over.
Really blows...
|
 06-09-2007, 02:37 AM
|
|
Member
|
|
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
|
|
Exactly that happened to me, see my new thread from today 9th june in the PartyPoker section of the forum.
And I never "poached".
Actually, think about it : Party seems to have been "unable" to check for double accounts, and now they deduct all that money for the double accounts. That's a lot of money going back into their profit, which should make for a very nice quarterly profit report... for PartyPoker.
We are all going to pay the price for Party sitting on their hands about this for too long.
Last edited by Catfish : 06-09-2007 at 08:49 AM.
|
| Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests) |
| |
|
Thread Tools
|
|
|
|
Display Modes
|
Linear Mode
|
Posting Rules
|
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off
|
|
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 AM.
|