Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2007, 06:36 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 324
Default First Site, comments?

Hey its another site review thread, but I would still very much appreciate some feedback. Ive spent the last 2 weeks designing and writing original content for my site. Its by no means the finished article but I would like some feedback to improve any part of it.

I'm looking to go down the article and strategy route, adding as much quality content as I can. I know its not a niche but it will have to do for the time being.

http://www.thepokerbank.com

Eventually when Ive added enough content I will order the article links into sections and so on instead of just rows of links.

I've tried a little SEO but its not even in google yet...


Constructive critisizm would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2007, 09:15 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

Not too bad for a firat site. A great header could do wonders there.

Ask Alance about one. Just a header could be like $30-$50 and would really help the site out.

http://www.pokeraffiliateworld.com/f...n-service.html
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-26-2007, 09:53 AM
corpfan1's Avatar
corpfan1 corpfan1 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,396
Default

Good start...I remember starting out...I revamped my first site like 5 or 6 times completely.

You definitely need a better overall layout/template.

Purchase one or get Alance to make one for you.
__________________
Online Poker Bonuses ----- Free Online Poker Bankroll ----- Online Poker Promotions ----- Titan Poker Bonus Code

Titan Poker Bonus Code ----- Full Tilt Poker Promo Code ----- Online Poker Bonus Codes ----- Poker Blog
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 PM
fade fade is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 53
Default

try using a cms system, getting someone to design you a layout, or if your up for it, purchase a layout and modify it accordingly, you have many options, although sticking with that design would probably be your worst one.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2007, 01:43 PM
ClickItNow ClickItNow is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 83
Default

Probably useful to put a 'Home' link on the left hand side navigation. A lot of people like to go back easily to where they started off browsing.
__________________
Blog of Poker News and Events - Sites for US Players - Polls and Surveys - Daniel Negreanu Blog
Bounty Hunter Poker
Cardplayer Resources <--- Submit your Link Exchange here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 324
Default

Design that bad eh? I knew it wasnt the best, pretty basic and what not. I'll have a go at improving it myself, becoming self taught in web design may prove to be useful in the future. Any absolutely criminal mistakes with the design that I should see to first?

I have made the header link back to the home page, but probably a 'home' button would be useful at the top.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-29-2007, 06:29 PM
sizzz sizzz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 121
Default

No offense my friend, but you really should get another design... this just does not look like a professional site but more like a site which is done in very short time... again i dont say you havent worked hard for it but really, i personally wouldnt stay on a site with such look.
__________________
Find the best Poker Bonus Codes & much more!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 324
Default

As hard as it is, I appreciate the honesty. Its pretty obvious what I need to do.

I will look into getting a decent template off alance sometime in the future. Would you say that it will be worth the investment? Despite the site design I believe I have alot to offer content-wise and hopefully it will be able to attract visitors in time.

Ive been working on the design and content for a month, looks like i'l need to scrap this design. Already learnt alot from it though.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 979
Default

Hey PokerBank,

I checked out your site and think that you are off to a good start. I remember my first design was pretty crappy compared to how it has gotten now. Yours is much better. One peice of advice I would offer to you now is to read as much as you can on these boards, look at what other sites are doing, and then plan for the future. If you really plan to stick it out for a while in this industry, I would put up a little money for a nice design. The guys who did mine (alance) (loserscore provided the link) only charged $150. It was probably the best investment I have ever made. Worse case if you decide poker affiliatingisn't for you, you will have a nicely designed site that is much more attractive to potential buyers. You will recoup that $150 without a problem. Anyway, good luck with the site.

Graham
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM
Comments on my site PokerLibraryOnline New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 07-20-2005 12:56 PM
Google SiteMaps Jeremy Search Engine Optimization 6 07-13-2005 02:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0