Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

View Poll Results: Should I give up my sub-affiliate maidenhood so quickly and indiscriminately?
Yes, it's a reasonable offer. Nobody wants you anyways. 0 0%
No, don't be so EZ. Save yourself for a more strategic liaison down the line. 3 100.00%
You are a lazy trollop, but sell yourself to me instead. 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2006, 04:14 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default Build Affiliate Websites

Hi: looking for advice as to advisability of taking the deal being offered by buildaffiliateswebsites.com

They provide a mirrored site, off the shelf, so to speak, that you can modify and use for "free", including reviews of all the rooms and articles etc. Lots of content.

You pay their webhosting charges per month (fairly reasonable).
For $175 they will activate all the affiliate links on the site and sign you up with all the rooms advertised on the site (which is 40 or so) and insert your tracking codes for you.

What's the catch? Aside from the site not being original/unique/all that creative...? They bring you in as their sub-affiliate for each and every room on the site.

So, I am new, obviously, but am wondering how valuable a resource my sub-ship is, and whether it is something I should be willing to expend right off the bat in return for an easy entry into the world of affiliate websites, for very little money and effort.

To me, it sounds like they have a brilliant marketing idea...provide sub-affiliates with "almost free" startup, and get a portion of their earnings for the rest of their lives.

Just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on whether I should give up my affiliate maidenhood on every major poker site so easily?
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2006, 05:59 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,268
Default

This post seems a bit spammy to me. To erase or not to erase.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default Hmmmm....if you think it is a bit spammy...

does that mean you think the deal might have merit?

Frankly, I am not sure how I could have asked for the opinions of "the veterans" without giving details of what was being offered.

I also think that if it was spam, I would not have bothered to be critical of the quality of the website template being offered. I also specifically wrote the name of the site in a manner so that it would not appear as a link.

I have posted my questions in the two Threads most relevant to the issue, one dealing with site creation and the other one specifically dedicated to new affiliates asking questions of the veterans....and nowhere else.

I really am hoping that someone will give me a legitimate answer to a legitimate question...before I take a step which could affect my entire future as an affiliate.
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,015
Default

There are different levels of spam... some are skeakier than others.

If it is spam, you might want to know that the links are different in both of your posts. Here are the two different links:

1) buildaffiliateswebsites.com
2) buildaffiliatewebsites.com

I tried both, but neither worked, so I can't comment on the deal.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 AM
hyacinthgirl hyacinthgirl is offline
rakedrop.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 159
Default

for what it's worth, i can vouch for this not being spam, as the OP has contacted me with decidedly un-spammy questions about getting involved as an affiliate, and i would guess he's talked to others as well.
__________________
*Get up to 50% Rakeback!* *Looking for a Poker Bonus?*
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2006, 01:43 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default I did not post a link because I thought it might be

too spammy, and I thought that anybody who had experience with the company would not need my link to recognize them. And yes, I made a typo, there is no "s" after affiliate.

I assume that Graham did not put a www. in front of the second one he listed, because that address certainly worked for me a second ago.

I think I am going to go ahead with the offer, given that I have been informed that becoming a subaffiliate is not written in stone, and I can change my status at will, later on if I wish....although I assume any commissions on my clients up till that point will probably continue to be directed to the original primary affiliate, for life....I would assume.

And, thank you, Hyacinthgirl, for your kindness, openness and generosity towards a beginner....you are one of the main reasons I was hesitant about giving my subship up to someone else. They say if you cast your bread upon the waters it shall return tenfold....I think someday a lot of bread is going to be floating your way!
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpertadvice4u
I assume that Graham did not put a www. in front of the second one he listed, because that address certainly worked for me a second ago.
Yes, I did put the www in (this is not the first webpage I have tried to access). It is possible that they were having some issues earlier that have now been resolved. I did not receive an error earlier, just did not get any response.

Keeping back on track, it looks like a pretty good deal. What do they charge you exactly? $175 per month, or year? I assume they are just trying to get you to use their affiliate links, correct?

I tried creating an account and checked out the back end. It seems pretty confusing and not very user friendly.
__________________
*** Advertising Offer: Let Me Review Your Sites ***

Free Poker Money - Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News - Poker Affiliate Tips

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2006, 03:25 AM
xpertadvice4u xpertadvice4u is offline
Longest Poster Ever
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 451
Default "Not the first page I tried to access..." LOL

LOL, Graham...I guess I should have assumed it was mechanical error, not human!

Yeah, I don't think the Demo template they let you mess with is fully functional....it is not all that intuitive to a newbie/half-idiot like myself.

And their *own* website is not all that impressive to me.
I think they are likely reselling virtual server webhosting.

The $125 (not $175, my bad!) is for setup of all the links with your codes, which they acquire by bringing me in as a sub-affiliate. It is a one-time fee, and hosting costs $11.95 per month.

I have always thought that the real money made back in the days of the Gold Rush was in helping *other* people to get in on the action. Everybody needed mules, shovels, blankets, guns, whiskey, women and shelter, and a lot more fortunes were made by catering to the needs of the prospectors than from actually striking gold.

I suspect it is becoming no different in the poker affiliate world.

Right now it seems to be a reasonable tradeoff to get my foot in the door as an affiliate with so many sites right away, at a low cost, and I can get my kids to modify the template to make it more suitable to my long term needs. But, like I say, giving up the ability to be a sub for other people who might mentor me - for all the major sites - is a troublesome idea.

Xpertadvice4u
(but I won't take it myself)
__________________
Xpertadvice4u
(MYOB&STFOM)

Last edited by xpertadvice4u : 10-13-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2006, 11:34 AM
losercore's Avatar
losercore losercore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Mad City USA
Posts: 1,294
Default

BAW is a decent way to start out. I have a site with them. I did not pay them to sign me up for the affiliate programs as I was already signed up for just about all of them. It's fully customizable and you can do what ever you want with it but adds some decent features like adding news and site wide footers and headers that would not get with just a standard template. They have good service and so far it's been worthwile. Athough I did customize mine and got rid of of about 75% of the exsisting content and added my own.

The only thing I paid for was $50 for SEF URL's. My site had a PR3 after only 4 months so it was worth it. (I did do alot more than just that for SERPs though)
__________________
"Doing nothing is very hard to do...you never know when you're finished. "

"Did you just grab my ass?"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,277
Default

Sounds like a good idea for both parties to me, if legit?
__________________
RAKEnBAKE - Smokin RakeBack Deals!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple Affiliate Websites? Tiny Tycoon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 09-16-2006 11:31 AM
FREE PASSES AVAILABLE for CAC Las Vegas 2006 - Become a Sponsored Affiliate Digital Angel The Spam Forum 0 08-31-2006 11:50 AM
Affiliate Websites and Advertising Chouse28 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 03-06-2005 10:55 PM
partypoker not paying this affiliate pittsburg123 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 13 03-05-2005 04:58 PM
How I Build My Succesful Poker Affiliate Website Dave General Poker Affiliate Discussion 9 02-22-2005 11:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0