Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 09-11-2006, 09:49 PM
ImAllInPoker ImAllInPoker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1
Default Site Review www.imallinpoker.com

Hi all-
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank you for all the wonderful information provided on this forum. I just started a site last month and wanted some constructive criticism on it. Right now, its just a general information site so I know its not gonna stand out as of now. I just want to see what you guys think of the layout and if there are any suggestions as to where I should go in finding my niche. Thanks again and hope to hear from you.

Cheers
__________________
Chreeos
www.imallinpoker.com
www.waiterwheels.com
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 09-12-2006, 11:00 AM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 317
Default

I've played around with adsense a bit and I think you have a nice layout. The only thing that I could see to help you optimize a bit better is the images at the top don't quite line up with the ads. That is to say, it is obvious that they are ads.

Have you considered a horizontal link box there instead?
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
Graham's Avatar
Graham Graham is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 574
Default

I personally found the adsense ads a little overwhelming. I would remove at least one of the sections if not both. You could always add up some affiliate banners or something like that instead.
__________________
Poker Babes - Poker Videos - Poker News

"Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left over by those who hustle."
- President Abraham Lincoln
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 09-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Aidan Aidan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alberta
Posts: 204
Default

Nice looking site. But like Graham said, the adsense is very overwhelming. I think you should take out the top row and move them to the bottom of the page.

The graphics/logos you have look very nice. And the colours go well together I think. Good work man.
__________________
  • Need Poker Rakeback ? Want a Free Poker Bankroll ? Babes in poker
  • High Stakes Poker Videos Season 3
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 317
Default

I don't think you can put poker affiliate banners with adsense.

I also think that if you play around with the layout a bit, these people who are saying the ads are overwhelming may not think so if you blend them a little better (back to my original reply)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-18-2007 11:26 PM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 08:23 AM
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 0 02-10-2007 05:18 PM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 04:07 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 10:35 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0