Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2006, 05:38 PM
jtopicz1 jtopicz1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Default Play to Real Money Question

I am fairly new at this and I got 27 Play money signups for the site I am promoting my first day. None of them have converted yet. How long should I wait before I should see some results, and be able to get a basic idea for a conversion ratio?

Sorry about the novice question!

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-13-2006, 06:04 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 400
Default

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the forum. To answer your question simply, it depends on quite a few factors: which card room and how did you get these players to sign up under you are probably two of the biggest, imho.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2006, 06:44 PM
jtopicz1 jtopicz1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Default

It was Pit Bull Poker and got them to sign up using a $10 No Depo bonus.

Thanks for your help!

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2006, 06:54 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 400
Default

For some reason, I thought of pitbull poker when I first read the thread.

I hate to say it, but pitbull converts horribly for me. I have over 100 sign-ups there and not one cent in profit. A bunch of players show up as RMPs but they are yet to make a deposit.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Stephen Stephen is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 494
Default

Jim

Using a no deposit bonus is not often the most effective way to secure real money despoits etc - unless you have put in place very accurate screening, there is a good chance they will all take the money and run afterwards.

Just my thoughts...

Stephen
__________________
Stephen Freund
Affiliate Manager
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-14-2006, 09:52 PM
hoursurfing's Avatar
hoursurfing hoursurfing is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtopicz1
It was Pit Bull Poker and got them to sign up using a $10 No Depo bonus.

Thanks for your help!

Jim
Lol, you could send pitbull a 1000 players and not make any money.

Anywhere else usually averages 10-20% for me.
__________________
I'd rather be surfing
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-15-2006, 09:53 PM
owenblue owenblue is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 22
Default

I promoted POker Time and Royal Vegas No Deposit bonus heavily and got them a few hundred players without a penny in commision . Luckily since they changed the rules on non-purchasing rake I have had afew people who managed to hang on to their $10 and they are building it up for me now. Has anyone had any luck with them since they dropped the ND bonus?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check if a player is a real money player and belongs to you. bonusrobber PartyPoker.com - PartyPartners 0 08-09-2006 06:24 PM
Converting play money players to real money guitman03 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 05-19-2006 03:55 PM
Yeah Got my 1st Real Money Player and a question adona72001 New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 10-06-2005 10:47 AM
The value of a play money player Jeremy General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 05-02-2005 02:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0