Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-04-2006, 05:16 PM
SharkBait72 SharkBait72 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default

Hi, I just started a site about 2 weeks ago. I am new to the affiliate world and webdesign. My website is www.sharkbait72.com any info will help.
Thanks alot.
__________________
SharkBait72
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Jeremy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Maybe it's just me but the header seems awfully large.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2006, 06:01 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 471
Default

I do agree with Jeremy, the header is a bit big. I think you have a nice design but you need a lot more content and not so many ads, maybe. I noticed in your poker sites section that you have signed up as an affiliate to every poker room under the sun. When I first started out, that's what I did, too. Believe me, that is the wrong approach.

I would suggest promoting one room at a time, then bump it up to two, then three, etc. If you start off with every poker room, you will not give any of them enough attention to really drive traffic to them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2006, 06:34 PM
SharkBait72 SharkBait72 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks for the replys. So If I only sign up as an affiliate to 1 or 2 poker rooms what should I put under poker sites? Just the 1-2 I am signed up with?
__________________
SharkBait72
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2006, 07:43 PM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 471
Default

You don't have to lose the "poker sites" section but maybe add some things instead.

How about a review of each poker site? I know it's been done to death but it's a start. Give your honest opinion, what you like, what you don't like, etc. Go into as much detail as can.

I'm also new to this but I can tell you that most of the hits I get from search engines are to my room reviews. Find an angle (niche, whatever) and go with it. Ask yourself, why would they want to click on any link on your site and go from there.

Remember, I also did the same thing as you. Then, I found this forum and learned a lot from these guys. You are here, so you are on the right track.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-06-2006, 10:40 PM
SharkBait72 SharkBait72 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
Default

Hey thanks again, I made the logo smaller and I plan on just stickin to about 3 poker rooms to promote. Can anyone have any recomend any?
I plan on doing online and offline promoting. I got into affiliate marketing because I want to travel around the world with my gf and affiliate marketing allows me to be able to as long as there is an internet connection. My plan is to promote my website and forums online right now untill I move to a bigger city (in about 2-3 months) then start doing offline marketing.

I want to travel around south america around october, so about 8 months from now, depending on if I am making any money or not. I would work on my website via laptop and update it when I hit internet cafes, couple times a week hopefully. Also while travelling around down there I would be dropping off flyers, cards, posting stickers everywhere I go to promote my poker rooms and website. I am not too sure what poker is like down in south america, does anyone think this could be a good idea?

Thank you for any help, sorry for the long post.
SharkBait72 B)
__________________
SharkBait72
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-19-2007 01:26 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0