Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2006, 07:19 PM
pokerpatduck2 pokerpatduck2 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 66
Send a message via AIM to pokerpatduck2
Default

I finally finished creating my website and I would be very gratefull if you could take a look at tell me what you think.

Are the links too hard to see? I found that this could be a problem but I would like to see what you think about the links.

I still have some work to do with the bottom navigation pages.

Woops forgot the most important part - The link -- x www.trappoker.com x
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Kyle Kyle is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,078
Default

The site looks ok.

You really should make sure all your links are working at the bottom. As far as the color scheme, it is decent, but I must say the site looks a little bare.

Overall I think it is a good job that needs some polishing.
__________________
Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2006, 05:27 AM
mikebrad mikebrad is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 471
Default

I agree.

It's a good start but you need something to make your site stand out a bit. I'm not sure I like the color scheme, but to each their own. I would really suggest some graphics. Not banners or anything but some images, something that goes with your site.

It seems like you have the frame-work in place for a decent site, you just need more.

Good start though
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The site looks good. I don't think you need a lot of images necessarily, but I would change the settings for the links so that they're more visibly links. Right now it's hard to tell which of the text is a link or not.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2006, 10:37 AM
SunPoker.com's Avatar
SunPoker.com SunPoker.com is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 629
Default

Nice start to the site. I agree the color scheme can be a bit difficult on the eyes, but it's not too bad. You have a lot of inventory available on the right hand nav, that you could utilize and still not clutter the site.

I agree you don't necessarily need images/banners on the site, but if you do put a small one up somewhere, it will definitely stand out.

Mark
__________________
SunPoker.com
Focalclick Affiliate Program
---
$1,000 Bonus Monthly
$10K Freeroll Monthly
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2006, 04:18 PM
pokerpatduck2 pokerpatduck2 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 66
Send a message via AIM to pokerpatduck2
Default

Thanks for all the sugesstions. I do plan on adding a few images and I agree with what you have to say regarding the color scheme and links.

Thanks a lot for all the help.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 97
Default

I agree with the other comments, but what cms do you use?
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2006, 08:11 AM
cmos cmos is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 36
Default

For me the text is to bright to read.
Nice design.
__________________
Proud owner of www.pokeraffiliates.com and www.pokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2006, 07:42 PM
pokerpatduck2 pokerpatduck2 is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 66
Send a message via AIM to pokerpatduck2
Default

Emil - I use Dream Weaver
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-19-2007 01:26 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0