Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

I've made some big changes to my website recently and could use some reviews from you guys.

How does it look in your browser?

Does it load reasonably fast?

What is the quality of the audio?

Don't laugh at my audio message. It's just something I threw together as a test.

LOL.... This is only a test. h34r:

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-18-2006, 09:29 AM
Adam
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm no expert, but I thought the page looked good.

It loaded fast, and the audio quality was great!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 AM
NeverBeg NeverBeg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 460
Send a message via AIM to NeverBeg
Default

I think the audio is going to be hit or miss. Some people are going to play your audio and think it is the greatest thing, and will make them want to look around more, others might think it is really corny and want to x out the site immediately. I personally liked the audio. With that great beat you should have been rapping to it! :lol: Also, I tried viewing your forum, and it never was able to load... Goodluck with it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 562
Default

Dave, in my opinion I actually prefered your old version of your site, from a usability perspective. In terms of revenue, this layout should work a bit better with some better placed adverts, although in my opinion it's not quite as consistent and as well laid out as the previous one.

Just my thoughts though.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

looks good, the only problem for me is that the music in the background kind of sounds like it came from a 1970's porn
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2006, 01:27 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 619
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Loaded very slow for me, maybe 1 minute, The image on the top is missing also. I never got to hear the audio bit.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Dave Dave is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 502
Default

Thanks for the comments guys.

70's porn?......LOL

It's hard to find background music that will appeal to everyone, I experimented with country, rock ect........ maybe I'll just stick with plain voice.

Quote:
I think the audio is going to be hit or miss. Some people are going to play your audio and think it is the greatest thing, and will make them want to look around more, others might think it is really corny and want to x out the site immediately.
I truly believe web audio is the wave of the future, it allows you to connect with your site visitors at a personal level that plain text just can't achieve no matter how good of a writer you are.

You can use audio not just for a site introduction but for lessons and tutorials, audio poker tip of the day?.....explaining site navigation....product endorsments .... the list is endless......

Quote:
although in my opinion it's not quite as consistent and as well laid out as the previous one.
I agree Nick, I'm working on it.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-22-2006, 03:53 PM
cmos cmos is offline
Members
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 36
Default

I like the site, great navigation and unique content?
__________________
Proud owner of www.pokeraffiliates.com and www.pokerguide.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 1 09-23-2007 01:10 AM
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-19-2007 01:26 AM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 10:23 AM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 06:07 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 12:35 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0