Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-15-2006, 11:36 AM
dontgobroke dontgobroke is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8
Default

Hey, I am a long-time lurker, first-time poster. I came up with a really cool idea called bankroll replacement. When one of my players goes broke, i'll throw them a bone. I just made my website yesterday but could some of you guys tell me if the idea is good? And how should I change/make better my website.
www.freewebs.com/dontgobroke
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-15-2006, 02:08 PM
DealerDan's Avatar
DealerDan DealerDan is online now
Members
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 276
Send a message via AIM to DealerDan
Default

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of it. Here's why:

(1) The whole concept. It's very risky for you, and also appears risky for the player. Why should they trust you? You've designed one page, made some bonus codes, then thrown it up on a free site, and they should expect you to hae the capital to handle a project like this?

(2) Design is very bad.

(3) Language used is poor.

(4) It's on a free server.

(5) Saying things like "Please notice this isn't the best offer for all players." is very counter-productive.

Don't mean to be harsh, but bad idea, bad site.
__________________
Dealer Dan
Owner of the Dealer Dan Gaming Network. Read my article on how to Target and Profit from Freeroll Whores! Also free mentoring to new affiliates; PM me for details. Be sure to check out the Poker Affiliate Bible
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-15-2006, 03:29 PM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 486
Default

Yeah I think I would shorten up the paragraphs or dont make them so wide. I lost track of were I was at every time I came back to the left side to begin the next sentence.

Idea is probably workable, but I agree with DealerDan, you have to design the page much more professionally and give players a reason to trust you. Make it really official if it is infact something you are going to do.
__________________
Poker Rakeback
Come see Rakeshark completely redesigned, it's pretty badass
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
Just an idea.. NewPokerGirl General Poker Affiliate Discussion 2 01-30-2007 02:28 AM
Money Making Idea? Andy007 General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 08-20-2006 03:10 PM
My idea for A Possible forum Incentive Dcanfield General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 06-14-2006 01:56 AM
$50 Free, 20% Bonus, 2 Free Poker Ebooks -new idea FeeRan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 6 03-19-2005 09:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0