Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Rake Fighter Rake Fighter is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Default

Can someone take a look at my code and tell me why the main text on my index doesn't go all the way to the right in IE. I made the site with Frontpage and tables, yay! I know it tables suck, but I'm even worse at CSS that HTML. No matter what I do in front page, I can't get the text to justify right and I don't know enough to find anything wrong with the code.

Also, I can't get table borders to disappear in Firefox. Not as big of a deal, but if someone wants to take a whack at that, I'd appreciate it.

The wierd thing is that the text looks fine in Firefox...??

THANKS!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-12-2006, 06:27 AM
CAZ's Avatar
CAZ CAZ is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 784
Default

whats the link?
__________________
RakeKiller... its your money, get some back
Poker Rakeback Calculator
Are YOU a player?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 97
Default

www.rakefighter.com

I don't have it in my head though how to solve the problems..
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

you want the where it says "We are the only site dedicated to bringing you the highest rates possible at the finest automated rakeback programs." and everything below to all be on the right? or centered?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Kestrel Kestrel is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 71
Default

Having only looked at the source code I am guessing at the solutions to your problems...

The reason why the table borders look strange on Firefox is because you are using tags like:
Code:
style="border-left-style: none; border-left-width: medium; border-right-style: none; border-right-width: medium; border-bottom: medium none #868686; border-top-style:none; border-top-width:medium
These do not work in Firefox.

Not sure as to why your text isn't aligned properly, but my guess would be something to do with the <div> tags, as Frontpage likes to add these in wherever it can. I recommend you go through the html and delete any div tags (unless you put them in yourself). See if that works.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-12-2006, 11:10 AM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

it the text is to the left on IE also,

Emil
Do you want it to look like this? http://www.stackspokeronline.com/RakeFighter.htm
I know some of the stuff is different and can be change (i.e bold, structure) but I have to go to class and wanted to bust it out quick to see if its what you want.
If it is pm me and Ill help you
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-12-2006, 01:29 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Nice looking site RakeFighter.

I don't have any help on the html stuff, but I think I may have caught an error in one of your pages:

Quote:
So fill out the form below and you will automatically qualify for a higher percentage that most affiliates can offer.
Should "that" be replaced with "than"?

My english isn't that great, so I might be wrong. But just FYI.
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 97
Default

bbkicks213, it wasn't my site, I just wrote his web address ;-)
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Rake Fighter Rake Fighter is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Default

Thanks for all the quick replies guys.

bbkicks, yes. The problem is that the text mysteriously cuts off a distance away from the right border. PM sent.

Kestrel, thanks for the tip, but removing all the div tags didn't do a thing. Also, what type of tags should I use for firefox?

pokerguy, thanks for the compliment. I am proud of this site. My other sites I have made look like dog poo compared to this one. Its amazing what knowing just a little Photoshop can do to add a professional look to web design.
And thanks for finding that grammatical error. Sounds like your English is better than mine

Oh, also if anyone needs rakeback... :P
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-12-2006, 03:01 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

all recoded & 1/2 the filesize now...

valid XHTML
valid CSS
optimized images
was about 40k, now under 20k

http://tejasmedia.com/rf/
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wow....Jetset suck. DealerDan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-13-2006 03:07 AM
Need HTML Help Please greview Web Design Q&A 2 08-27-2006 11:59 AM
html code for redirect Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-16-2006 10:56 AM
php or html? Brandon Search Engine Optimization 4 12-18-2005 04:10 PM
Simple Web design Software that doesn't suck BradleyJ General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 09-17-2005 10:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0