Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Brandon
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by GregK@Jan 12 2006, 03:01 PM
all recoded & 1/2 the filesize now...

valid XHTML
valid CSS
optimized images
was about 40k, now under 20k

http://tejasmedia.com/rf/
can you explain the importance of all those greg?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-12-2006, 03:38 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

Hey BB

xhtml is just really clean html, gives your content to code ratio a boost.
Its easier to code with once you forget all the old tags you can't use anymore, less to remember!
It plays nice with .xml, .rss too, which is what .xhtml was actually created for.

CSS gives the same content to code boost, plus you can control your whole site from the single css file.

Optimized images just make things load faster.

I forgot to add the top menu on that template lol, I'll see what I can whip up here?

cheers
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-12-2006, 04:31 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

there, that looks pretty good kind of a cool nav

http://tejasmedia.com/rf/
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-12-2006, 04:46 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

/sorry to hijack a thread/

Greg, what do you professional web deisgners use to optimize images?
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-12-2006, 05:22 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

I use FireworksMX for everything, haven't had photoshop installed forever.

I do use photoshop when I'm doing a lot of digital photos though, FW for everything grafx related.

Time to go try out the new FW 8.0 I think it is? The last few upgrades haven't been worth it, think this one might be?

cheers
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-12-2006, 05:24 PM
pokerguy pokerguy is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 219
Default

Cool thanks! All this time I've been using photoshop... <_<

I'll check it out right away!
__________________


I love my job.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Rake Fighter Rake Fighter is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Default

How did you create the nav bar, I don't see it anywhere in the code. Did you make that in Fireworks?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-12-2006, 06:03 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

nope, its a list styled w/CSS, no grafx or images to see.
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Rake Fighter Rake Fighter is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Default

I really need to learn CSS
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-12-2006, 07:14 PM
PokerMaster PokerMaster is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 619
Send a message via AIM to PokerMaster
Default

Yeh, fireworks is cool, Ive tried out a few fireworks add ons to dreamweaver which are sweet. Ive never really used it solely as a program though. I hate photoshop, but use it anyway, cos everyone else does. I might just try giving fireworks a go from now on.
__________________
Poker Bonuses
Party Bingo Bonus Code
Top 10 Bingo
Titan Poker Bonus Code
Casino Bonuses
US Poker Bonus
Full Tilt Bonus Code

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wow....Jetset suck. DealerDan General Poker Affiliate Discussion 5 10-13-2006 03:07 AM
Need HTML Help Please greview Web Design Q&A 2 08-27-2006 11:59 AM
html code for redirect Brandon General Poker Affiliate Discussion 3 01-16-2006 10:56 AM
php or html? Brandon Search Engine Optimization 4 12-18-2005 04:10 PM
Simple Web design Software that doesn't suck BradleyJ General Poker Affiliate Discussion 11 09-17-2005 10:02 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0