Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 11-12-2005, 05:50 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 94
Default

What do you think of www.thefreepokerroom.com? Any ideas for improvement?
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 11-12-2005, 07:10 AM
Godfather Godfather is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 289
Default

Greetings

I would add some more color into the site, but its a good start.

GodFather
__________________
GodFather
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 11-12-2005, 07:55 AM
Nick0r Nick0r is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: London
Posts: 510
Send a message via AIM to Nick0r
Default

From an affiliate perspective I quite like it....

It may be plain, but it's very user-friendly and also great for the search engines.

I think you've done a good job there, maybe add a bit of basic colour and decoration, using css.
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 11-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 94
Default

Yes it would be good with more decoration.. It is a pity I'm not so good at such stuff so I have kept such things to a minimum until now. Maybe I should look at it some more butt at the moment I don't really know what to do.

The sad thing is I don't get much search engine traffic at all even though it is pretty search engine friendly. Maybe it has to do with time, perhaps still in some kind of sandbox or perhaps I just don't have enough backlinks. It was indexed in july and I started adding more content in september.
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 11-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Randy
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think it's a fine start to a website. I'm a fan of "plain" though. The only change I would make would be to use a different font, just because I think there are fonts that are more readable than New Times Roman.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 11-13-2005, 02:59 PM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 94
Default

The font I am using right now is Georgia, but yes maybe I should look at other fonts. I don't like the way numbers are shown in this font.
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 11-14-2005, 12:13 PM
John D John D is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 389
Default

I really like your design, I think a bit more colour to it would really help spruce it up a bit though.

I tried the flash game and it didn't work by the way, told me I had the wrong version...
Is that custom?
__________________
-- John D
DeuceAce.com - Poker forums - GamblingAffiliatez.com
Advertising space available - 15,000 uniques / month - Click here
Add your site to the poker directory - Only $14.95/year! - Click here
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Emil Emil is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 94
Default

Sometimes it can be troublesome if one uses a different browser from Internet explorer, perhaps it was because of that?
__________________
The Free Poker Room | Free poker content
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-18-2007 11:26 PM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 08:23 AM
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 0 02-10-2007 05:18 PM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 04:07 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 10:35 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0