Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 04:32 AM
RMalone RMalone is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

I really enjoy this forum and I would be very grateful for suggestions or criticism of my site. Thanks

http://www.pokergeist.com
Reply With Quote
  #2   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 11:15 AM
absentx absentx is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 421
Default

I like how the page looks, but there are a few things:

1. The page doesnt take up the whole browser (mine anyways) and it seems like you have a ton of space that is going to waste. I would think that you want the list on the right side of your page to be all the way to the right on someones screen.

2. Everyone here preaches the tune of "unique content", I am not sure If I have a reason to come back to your page. Although there are some good starts on your main page with the "random lingo" and featured player section. I would expand on the featured player column.

Just my two cents, and as always, look over the forum and there is just gobs of information on how you can improve your content and all that good stuff.
__________________
Rakeback
Reply With Quote
  #3   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Holis's Avatar
Holis Holis is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cyberspace
Posts: 828
Send a message via MSN to Holis
Default

Color scheme seems decent!

-- At 1280 x 1024, the page is flush on the left. You might consider centering the page at higher resolutions

-- Im not a huge fan of the blurry kinda look you have on the site name.
__________________
Holis
Diversify your efforts - Make up to 10K per User!
Looking for the Best Online Poker Site?
Poker Freerolls Updated Daily! | Read the latest Poker News
Use our Titan Poker Bonus Code or our Full Tilt Poker Bonus Code
Check out our listing of current Poker Bonus Codes
Top Ranked DVD's | Funny Poker Videos | Las Vegas Webcams
Reply With Quote
  #4   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 01:31 PM
adioking's Avatar
adioking adioking is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 1,442
Default

Center the page and use percentages and pixels when you are sizing it out. Right now it looks to be about 800 pixels wide, but you want that 800 pixels to represent 100%... get my drift? Take a look at my site www.macpokeronline.com for instance. I have it set to 800 pixels so on an 800x600 resolution it will take up the whole screen, but on a 1280x1024 screen like mine, it will be centered rather than left aligned.

dAn
__________________
Play mac poker and mac casino games, and read poker articles at online poker mac.
Reply With Quote
  #5   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 02:40 PM
RMalone RMalone is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

Thanks guys for taking the time to check it out. It was designed it with 800x600 in mind and I didn't give thought about what that empty space looked like. I appreciate your suggestions.
Reply With Quote
  #6   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 03:43 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,371
Default

You shouldn't give thought to the empty space, other than to have it be a complimentary color like you have now.

You should center the site though.

If you are rdirecting to /cgi/index.html as a test, fine, but I hope you don't intend to do that permanently.

You directed us to the www version of the site, but the bottom navigation links to the non-www version. Consistently only use one or the other. If you want the www version, change the bottom links and all links to the www version.
Reply With Quote
  #7   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 04:17 PM
RMalone RMalone is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by PPP@Aug 4 2005, 04:43 PM
You shouldn't give thought to the empty space, other than to have it be a complimentary color like you have now.

You should center the site though.

If you are rdirecting to /cgi/index.html as a test, fine, but I hope you don't intend to do that permanently.

You directed us to the www version of the site, but the bottom navigation links to the non-www version. Consistently only use one or the other. If you want the www version, change the bottom links and all links to the www version.

Thanks
Thanks for your interest PPP.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to this, so I have a couple questions:

1. I didn't write the site or upload it, my buddy who is working with me on this set it up and put in the that redirect in (I can only make some small edits to the site). I have no idea if he plans to do this permanently but why and what should I change this to?

2. Which version of the site (www or non-www) should I direct people to and why?

Thanks again
Reply With Quote
  #8   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
CasinoMack CasinoMack is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 343
Default

I would try a lighter green on the alternating menu. I was very distracted by that green. That might be a good thing though.

Try the green on this forum where your name is:

RMalone
Newbie

That light green strip--yes its very light green. Try that color.

F5FDF5
__________________
Poker Bonus Codes
Reply With Quote
  #9   Spam Kill
Old 08-04-2005, 08:56 PM
PPP PPP is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,371
Default

You should never redirect off the main URL without a very good reason.

Most people will link to you with the www, so that is what I would use.

...which is also a reason why it is a bad idea to pointlessly redirect. Just always link to http://www.pokergeist.com/ and have that not redirect anywhere.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Site review...Am I on the right track? NewPokerGirl New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 03-18-2007 11:26 PM
My first site, please review (a very newbie site) My-Poker-Review.com New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 9 03-06-2007 08:23 AM
Google SEO Questions edmc Search Engine Optimization 0 02-10-2007 05:18 PM
Site Review! New to Forums! DontLook New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 1 11-17-2006 04:07 PM
Cool Site of the Day Four2Eight Feet General Poker Affiliate Discussion 10 11-27-2005 10:35 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0