Poker Affiliate World
News Forums affiliate network Affiliate Tools Reviews

Go Back   Poker Affiliate World - Poker Affiliate Programs Discussion and Forums > Poker Affiliate Programs - Discussions for Poker Affiliates > New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews

New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews This is the place for new affiliates to ask the vetrans general questions and answers

Reply
 
Social Bookmarking Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-09-2007, 03:37 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 186
Default My First Real Project - Review!

Hey everyone, so I decided that I am probably ready for my first website project. I started it 2 days ago and I havn't really edited the content and havn't had time to create all of the pages yet.

I would appreciate ANY critique on the site before I get too far into it!

Note - I am getting a new header made for me shortly

http://www.hugepokerbonuses.com


Thanks a lot guys, don't afraid to be harsh, I can learn from my mistakes
__________________
Ontario Poker Chan Poker Bonus
PM me for Link Exchanges
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2007, 03:49 PM
kaus kaus is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Ont, Canada
Posts: 1,570
Send a message via AIM to kaus Send a message via MSN to kaus Send a message via Yahoo to kaus Send a message via Skype™ to kaus
Default

Stick this in your CSS file so when you use an h1 or h2 tag you will be able to control the styling this way rather than adding all those extra tags around it. You can change the little details as you need it.

Code:
h1 {
    color:#FFFFFF;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-family: Verdena;
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-top: 0;
    
}
h2 {
    color:#000000;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-family: Verdena;
    font-weight: bold;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0;
    margin-bottom: 0;
    margin-top: 0;
__________________
Hit my first goal ....now just need to push it a little bit further

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2007, 06:34 PM
GregK GregK is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,298
Default

use either
margin: 0; (for all 0's)
OR
margin: 0 5px 0 10px; (shorthand properties > top, right, bottom, left)
OR
margin-top: 0;
margin-right: 0;
margin-bottom: 0;
margin-left: 0;

Same goes for padding: You're mixing'em up!
__________________
RakeBack
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-09-2007, 06:45 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 186
Default

Where do I change these?

What are they set to right now?
__________________
Ontario Poker Chan Poker Bonus
PM me for Link Exchanges
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-13-2007, 03:49 PM
JimmyRare JimmyRare is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Default

The article about bankroll management is about the worst I've ever read.
5 buyins for No Limit Holdem clearly isn't enough!
You should use a minimum of 20, preferably more.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:35 PM
ThePokerBank's Avatar
ThePokerBank ThePokerBank is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 357
Default

I like the design overall, looks pretty cool. Although I would look to try and liven up a few pages like your 'poker rooms' page, it looks a little dull with just a list of links. Maybe you could add a few relevant images to liven it up and give it more structure.

And as the above poster said the bankroll management article overall isnt too good. The part about getting up and leaving when you are ahead isn't great, it doesnt really make too much sense. If there is ever a time to get up and leave when you are ahead the right reason isn't being given. If I read this article as an intermediate player then I wouldn't give much credibility to the rest of the strategy on the site, or the site in general.

I would look to get a new strategy writer before uploading any more articles.
__________________
Free Poker Content for your site/blog
No Limit Texas Holdem Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-13-2007, 07:29 PM
gPowell's Avatar
gPowell gPowell is offline
Affiliate Managers
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 445
Send a message via MSN to gPowell Send a message via Yahoo to gPowell Send a message via Skype™ to gPowell
Default

Get that UFC betting page up man before UFC 79 hits. A lot of people will be betting on this one. Throw out a press release too, the site looks nice!
__________________
Greg's Poker Affiliate Marketing Blog
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 188
Default

Also shouldn't the building a bankroll article be under beginner strategy? You must change the content of that article if you want credibility from even the most average players.
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-14-2007, 03:06 PM
poker69's Avatar
poker69 poker69 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 186
Default

Thanks for all the critique guys!

As for the bankroll article - I sort of just wrote that of the top of my head without doing much research. The main reason was to get some content up on my other site and I just changed around a few things on the new article. I am going to have to read some more articles on the topic for some better strategy.

I am waiting on being accpeted into an affiliate program from the UFC Betting page, so hopefully that comes soon!

Any suggestions of a cheap writer for poker strategies?
__________________
Ontario Poker Chan Poker Bonus
PM me for Link Exchanges
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
jcap1p's Avatar
jcap1p jcap1p is offline
Members
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 188
Default

Kaus does very good quality work
__________________
Online Poker Strategy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Review my Review Page Please SmackDog New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 3 07-06-2007 10:14 AM
Review our latest project - Tournament Director Training Course J S New Affiliate Q&A - Site Reviews 8 04-12-2007 09:12 PM
NEW IDEA - SYN will Review YOUR website, with contextual PR5 on topic Links! LadyHoldem The Spam Forum 0 03-15-2007 04:11 AM
Give away free real money online casino chips magnetobucks The Poker Affiliate Exchange 2 02-12-2006 05:03 AM
Clicks to Players to Real Money Players PPP General Poker Affiliate Discussion 0 02-24-2005 05:32 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Poker Affiliate Programs Poker News

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2007, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0